- Direct Sign On (DSO) students and school users can click the forgot password link on the login page.
- Student must have verified their email address to use forgot password link. If student has not verified email, school user can send verify email communication from the view settings button on the student's account page.
- School User email address does not require verification due to their account is created by school admin.
- Single Sign On (SSO) students use their school portal username and password. Single Sign On Schools should not see the options pictured below. These are not maintained by StudentForms and the student will need to contact their school portal help desk for password or username issues.
The user is required to enter the email address that is associated with their account and has been verified. If the student does not remember the email address that is associated with their account, a school user may access this information in the view settings option of the student's account page.
The user is then sent an email with a link to reset their password. The link will expire after 20 minutes if not used.
Please Note: The email may go into a junk or spam folder.
After clicking the link in the email, the user is able to create a new password.
- School users may also send the reset password email to the student from the view settings button on the student's account page.
- School users with admin access may send the reset password link for school users from the school users screen.
Please note: The student must have verified their email to use the forgot password and forgot username links.
If the student has not verified their email, they will receive the following message after entering their email address in the forgot password screen.
The student will need to contact the financial aid office to have a school user send the email verification communication to the student from the view settings button on the student's account page. After the student verifies their email, they may use the forgot password link on the login page.
If the student needs to change the email address on their account, a school user can go into the view settings button on the student's account page, add the email address for the student and then send the verify email communication. Once the email has been verified, the student may use the forgot username or forgot password links on the login page.
If the following message is received, this indicates that the same email address was used for multiple users. If the other users are known, the user or school can update the duplicate email addresses through the settings option on the user with the duplicate email account. If the other users are not known, a ticket may be opened to research the other users with the same email address.
Additional Password Reset Information:
In some cases, school users or student users may think that they are having to reset their password each time they try to log in. This usually occurs if they are using the incorrect username and receive the invalid username/password message. The user usually resets their password rather than checking if the username is incorrect. If this occurs for a school user or student, the username should be confirmed by either looking at the student's account settings or in the school users screen in the admin settings.