After the student has logged into StudentForms they are taken to their task list.
Within each task, the student has a step or steps to complete. These vary between webforms, requests, downloads, uploads and links. Each step has a tool tip to provide additional information on completing the step. Some tool tips have links to external websites to obtain information required to complete the step.
- Webforms are forms that a student can fill out within StudentForms and sign electronically.
- Requests are for the student to request the parent sign a form electronically.
- Downloads are forms the student cannot sign electronically where they need to print out the form, fill out and sign manually or have another person (school employee, third party) sign.
- Uploads are a step to upload the requested documentation.
- Links take a student to an external website to complete the step i.e. log into the FAFSA, Use the DRT etc.
- Steps with Options are steps where the documentation required is determined by the option(s) the student chooses from a dropdown menu.
- Submitting/Editing Tasks
- Additional Task Information
Webforms are forms the student can complete within StudentForms and then the student and parent can sign electronically. Some webforms have logic built into the form to request additional documentation based on information the student provides in the form. To complete the webform, the student selects the fill out button.
The webforms have sections that the student is required to complete. The student is prevented from signing the webform until they have completed all sections. The student may navigate the sections by selecting the section from the list on the left or by selecting the continue button.
Once the student has completed all sections of the webform, they receive a review and sign page. The student can review the form to make sure it looks correct. If anything needs to be corrected, the student needs to return to the appropriate section to correct.
If everything looks correct, the student may choose to either e-sign or opt out of e-sign. If the student chooses to opt out of e-sign, they are required to download and print the form. Once they sign the form manually, they will have a step to upload it back into StudentForms.
- SSO schools, the student has a link to create an e-sign pin. More information on creating e-sign pin.
- DSO schools, the student enters their password for their StudentForms account.
- If the student opts out of e-sign, the e-sign button changes to a download button.
Once the student e-signs the form or if opted out of e-sign downloads the form, they are returned to their task list. Based off of information provided in the webform, the student may have added steps within their task.
The student may also return to the webform after completing it, if they need to update the form, by selecting fill out. If the student makes any changes to the webform, they must re-sign the webform to have any additional documentation or steps re-evaluated. If the student has requested the parent e-signature, they must cancel the e-sign request to enable the fill out button.
The parents of a dependent student may need to sign a webform for their student if required. The student must request the e-signature from the parent by selecting the request button and entering the parent's email address. This email must be different than the one associated to the student's StudentForms account. If both parents are listed on the ISIR the student may choose which parent to send the request to.
Once the request has been sent, the parent receives an email asking them to e-sign the student's webform. The parent can them create an account or login to their previously created account and e-sign the form. Once the parent e-signs the form, the step is automatically marked as completed. If enabled in the schools's communications settings, the student receives an email that the form was signed. Please click the link for more information on parent e-sign.
Tasks that have download steps are used for documents that the student needs to either complete in person like the Statement of Education Purpose or that someone who is not a parent or student (advisor, third party) needs to complete and/or sign (academic plan, withdrawal form, etc.). The student selects the download button to download and print the form. Most download buttons have a corresponding upload button.
Tasks that have upload steps are used for the student to upload specific documents into StudentForms. In some cases the student may not be able to upload the document and requires the school user to upload the document on their behalf i.e. Statement of Educational Purpose. If the student has an upload step, they select the upload button.
If the student is using a computer, they may select the document from the location where the pdf or image is saved on their computer. If the student is using a mobile device, they have the option to take a picture or upload an image/file from their device. More information on mobile functionality.
Once the student uploads an image or document, they are presented with a review screen to use their upload or discard and upload another file/image.
Once they choose the use button, the student is given the opportunity to add additional pages. If they were using a mobile device, they would choose add pages to take additional pictures of documents if needed.
If a student selects an option in a webform or task that requires them to perform an action on an external website i.e. FAFSA or Selective Service, they receive a link that redirects them to the appropriate website.
- If the link is to transfer the student or parent tax information using the DRT, the subsequent ISIR must have a correct IRS DRT value before the student can submit their task.
- If the student needs to make a correction to their FAFSA, the step remains until a subsequent ISIR is received removing the c code or reject code that created the task.
- If the student chose the option to register for selective service, once they have registered, they can upload their confirmation of registration into the appropriate upload step.
Tasks that have steps with options require the student to select an option from a drop down menu(s) to determine which documentation or action the student is required to complete. The student selects the drop down menu.
The student then selects an option that best fits their situation or documentation that they will provide. Some options have additional options once they are selected.
Once the student completes all selections, they receive additional document uploads based on the options chosen or may receive a link to go to an external site to complete an action.
Clicking the submit button sends the document to the school side for review. The student is able to edit their task up until the point that they select the finish button after all tasks have been completed. To edit a task, they select the edit button.
Once the student has completed and submitted all tasks, they have a final finish button. Selecting the finish button prevents the student from making any further changes to their tasks. The selecting of the final finish button may be automated in school settings by a school user with Admin access.
- The steps that appear for a task may be completed in any order.
- Each step has an indicator to alert the student if a step is still required or if it has been completed.
- Once all of the steps of a task have been satisfied, the submit button will become enabled.
If they opted out of e-sign, they will need to select the download button and then upload the updated signed webform. The re-signing or downloading of the webform is what causes the steps to re-evaluate.