Please Note: If you are a student or parent user STOP and contact the office of Financial aid at the student's college/university for assistance. The information below is intended for the Office of Financial aid users only. It will not provide information for the student or parent user . If you are a student or parent user and provide feedback, you will receive a response to contact the Office of Financial Aid at the student's college/university.
E-Signing a Webform
After the student has completed all of the sections of the web form, a preview of the webform document is presented on screen in the Review & Sign section.
Please note: Corrections cannot be made on the Review & Sign section.
- The student can review the document and make any changes, if needed, by selecting the section links on the left of the screen.
- Once the form has been correctly filled out the student can use their account password (DSO users) in the box provided and select the E-Sign button at the bottom of the Review & Sign section.
- SSO users sign using a pin they create to e-sign their webforms. SSO users enter their pin in the E-Sign box and then select the E-Sign button.
- If the SSO user has not created an e-sign pin they have a link to create their pin.
Please note: The student will always have the option to opt out of e-sign. This requires the student to print the form, sign and upload it back into the system. Once, they opt out of e-sign, the E-Sign button changes to a Download button.
The first time a student e-signs a document, or if they have previously opted out of e-sign, they are presented the Consent to Use of Electronic Signature.
- Accept - The student accepts the terms and conditions and allows the student to e-sign
- Cancel - Returns the user to the review and sign screen. If the student does not want to accept the terms and conditions, they may opt out of e-sign.
After they have successfully e-signed the document, they receive a success message that notifies the student of the documents they are required to upload into the application. The documentation required is based off of the information the student provided in the webform. If the student does not believe the request is correct, they must correct the information provided in the webform using the fill out button.
If the student is a dependent student, the webform may require a parent signature. StudentForms does a check when a dependent student e-signs a document to ensure that their parent(s) passed the check with the Social Security Administration.
- If at least one parent has passed the SSA check, they are provided a step to request the parent e-signature.
- If the student does not have at least one parent that passed the check with the SSA, the student receives a message that they are unable to e-sign the document.
- The student is automatically opted out of e-sign and must download the document, print, both student and parent must sign.
- Once signed, they receive an upload step for the document.
Please note: If the student has opted out of e-sign, the parent must manually(wet) sign the document if required. Both the student and parent must sign in the same manner either electronically or manually.