California Dream ISIR
ISIR Import Screen ISIR Processing Status Columns
Exporting ISIR Import Processing Results
The school admin has the ability to manually import ISIRs into the system.
For schools who have integrations with CLConnect, they would drop their ISIR files into the ISIR Import File on their network and the ISIRs are pulled in on the schedule specified by the school.
Please Note: The ISIR files must be in the same format as they are received in the SAIG mailbox. StudentForms uses the EDE technical reference ISIR file layout. If you are a Colleague school who uses the DOEI process (you are getting your files from the FA.RECEIVE.DIR to import into StudentForms) and receive an error when importing your ISIR files, please contact your Customer Success Manager to enable a setting for ISIR processing.
The school admin should import all ISIR file message classes into StudentForms, including:
Most common message classes
Additional message classes you may receive
IDAPXXOP (IDAPXXBK), IDNRXXOP (IDNRXXBK), IDREXXOP IDREXXBK), IGAAXXOP (IGAAXXBK), IGNRXXOP (IGNRXXBK), IGREXXOP (IGREXXBK)
XX is the two digit trailing award year, i.e. 2019-2020 would be 20, 2020-2021 would be 21.
It is considered best practice to load files to StudentForms prior to loading into the SIS. This ensures that when notifications are sent by the institution to students about verification/C Code requirements, the student's ISIR is available in the application.
Some institutions do choose to concatenate their ISIR files into one file for import into both the SIS and StudentForms. If this is the option that you choose there are a couple of things to keep in mind.
- Format of the ISIR records must be exactly as it is in the files delivered by ED
- There cannot be any blank lines in the file
- The file should not contain any header or footers between ISIR records
- Each file should contain only 1 aid year, so if you are receiving ISIRS for 2 years (2019-2020 and 2020-2021) you will create two files for use in StudentForms
- The admin will choose ISIR imports from the admin dropdown menu on the navigation bar.
Please note: The file uploaded into StudentForms should be in the same format that is received from the Department of Education, no changes to the file are required. If your student information system (SIS) or Financial Aid Management System (FAMS) makes any changes to the ISIR file, please ensure there is either a header in the file or a blank line before the first student record.
- Next, the admin user clicks on the Import button located on the right side of the ISIR Imports page.
- The admin user selects the ISIR flat file(s) that has been received through their TG mailbox and click open to import.
- The admin user may also open the location where their ISIR files are stored, select multiple files and drag them into the area next to the ISIR import button.
StudentForms has validation and logic in place to ensure the correct file is being uploaded.
The upload progress bar is orange if the file has uploaded successfully and the file status should go to processing.
The upload progress bar is red if the file is not in the correct format.
Once the file is selected for upload the file will be placed in a processing status. At this point the file will continue to process, the user does not need to stay on the page.
For more information regarding automating ISIR imports, please click here
Additional information about ISIR file formats may be found here
Additional Information about the ISIR processing into the different columns, please click here
ISIR Imports - California ISIR Process
If Cal ISIR feature is enabled in your environment an additional import button for Select California Dream Files will be available.
Click the button and browse to the location where the files to be imported are located.
Select the files and upload.
- The Import Type column in the grid will identify between Normal (Federal ISIRs) and Cal ISIRs.
- If the wrong import is used the file will process but all records will get an invalid status. In this case, repeat the import.
Student and Parent Account Creation
The account creation process remains the same for these students. As part of the 4 key identifies for matching to an ISIR and for eSignature the student or parent will be asked for the identifier provided by the state that is labelled SSN.
Student's account has indicator that they are a Dream Student
The system will generate personalized tasks for document collection using the ISIR data and comment codes in the same way that students with a Federal ISIR are processed.
Cal ISIR students will be included in File Review process along with the Federal ISIR students.
These corrections will not be included in the correction file generated for Federal ISIRs. Because currently there is no electronic upload for Cal ISIR Corrections, a new report has been added under Reports>Cal ISIR Corrections. The report includes the fields corrected and the corrected values. This information can be used for correcting the ISIR via the Cal ISIR portal.
ISIR Imports - ISIR Import Screen ISIR Processing Status Columns
Once an ISIR file has processed successfully into StudentForms and the status column shows active, each ISIR file is put into a different column based on ISIR information. All of the ISIR imports information may be exported into a CSV file for the main ISIR imports screen as well as each individual processing status report.
- New ISIRs: ISIRs that have successfully been loaded into StudentForms. Selecting the number in the new column opens a list of the student ISIRs in the column, this may be exported into a CSV file. Students who may need to be notified to create an account in StudentForms will have student actionable verification or c codes indicated in the verification/c codes column. The comment code numbers are a link to a short description of the comment codes.
- Duplicate ISIRs: ISIRS that have been previously loaded into StudentForms and are not identified as being a subsequent transaction. i.e. ISIR transaction 01 was loaded into StudentForms twice.
- Loading an ISIR file multiple times into StudentForms does not cause any issues with the processing in StudentForms.
- Missing Info ISIRs: 1 or more of the identifying fields (first name, last name, DOB, SSN) has been left blank on the ISIR.
- Usually this occurs with students who file a paper FAFSA.
- The school would need to follow up with the student to have them correct the issue with their FAFSA.
- Invalid ISIRs: invalid text has been entered in any of the ISIR fields or students that have an unsuccessful match with the Social Security Administration for their Name, DOB or SSN.
- The student and parent are also required to have a value of 4 for the SSN match flags on the ISIR to be able to create an account.
- Students who appear on this report will not be able to create an account in StudentForms until they clear up the issue with the Social Security Administration and receive an ISIR with a successful SSA match.
- The school must resolve the SSA match issues outside of StudentForms and receive a valid ISIR with the SSN Match Flag of 4 and not c codes or rejects for issues with the SSA Match.
- C codes and Rejects that prevent account creation
- Actionable ISIRs: the ISIR contains a comment code that will be handled and resolved internally by the school. The student is not presented with a task for the comment code. The comment code numbers in the comment code column may be selected to bring up a short description of each comment code.
- A list of school actionable comment codes (student will not receive a task) may be found here.
- A list of student actionable comment codes (student will receive a task) may be found here.
- These c codes are considered school actionable by StudentForms due to the school usually has the information to resolve the c code without asking the student for additional information. If additional information is required, the school may request it using the request information button on the student's transaction screen file review tab.
ISIR Imports - Exporting ISIR Import Processing Results
All of the ISIR reports are exportable as a CSV file by clicking the export button at the bottom of each ISIR report screen. The CSV file can be saved into an excel format, to allow the school user to have more ability for sorting of information or other uses that the school may need for the ISIR information.
The export button on the main ISIR Imports screen, downloads the list of imported ISIR files and the results of the processing.
Selecting the file count in the processing results grid for the individual column and file downloads the list of student ISIRs and other ISIR information dependent on which column was selected.