The following outlines the steps for setting basic configuration of the StudentForms product for your institution. This includes settings for student account creation, ISIR correction processing and settings for the handling of user sessions for staff, students and parents. These settings are available to users with the Admin Role and can be found under Admin>School Settings.
- Click on the Basic Configuration tile
Account Creation and Management
- Enable Student Profile Management - This controls whether a student can access the student profile area. It is recommended that institutions using the SMS/Text feature set this to "On".
Enable Transaction Auto Complete: this switch controls whether or not the system will automatically auto-submit the entire transaction if all tasks within have been completed and submitted
- Click "On" to activate automatic completion of a transaction.
Auto Complete Transactions After: if "Enable Transaction Auto Complete" is enabled, this setting controls how many hours after the last task to be submitted to auto-submit the transaction; it is recommended to set it to at least one hour in order to allow students to make any necessary edits if needed
- Enter the number of hours from the completion of the last task that the transaction will be completed. If entering '0' hours, this will cause the file to be completed when the last task is completed.
- Please Note: This setting only clicks the final Finish button after the student has submitted all of their tasks. This setting does not click the submit button on individual tasks.
Enable Task Auto Submit: this switch controls whether or not the system will automatically auto-submit a task if all parts of the task are complete (web form completed, document uploaded, etc). If enabled, each night the system will look for all tasks that are completed but not yet submitted and auto-submit them all at once.
- Click "On" to activate automatic submission of tasks.
Please note that if both Enable Transaction Auto Complete and Enable Task Auto Submit are enabled that each night any tasks completed but not yet submitted will be auto-submitted. If all tasks are now submitted from the nightly process, then the transaction will auto-submit afterwards based on the timed setting Auto Complete Transactions After.
Enable Subsequent ISIR Queue - When enabled, when a subsequent ISIR is received with unexpected changes go into a separate workflow. When not enabled, subsequent ISIRs with unexpected changes continue to re-open in the file review workflow. This is for transactions in a Verified status for 2019-2020 and beyond.
- Click Save to update all changes to Basic Configuration settings.
Please Note: Files only go into the Subsequent ISIR workflow only if the transaction is in a Verified status at the time the subsequent ISIR with unexpected changes is received. If the transaction status is in processing corrections, the file continues to go into Reviewing File status in the File Review workflow.