Hands-On Practice Overview
Prior to going live on StudentForms or when processing for a new award year becomes available, a school should complete testing in their sandbox environment to get hands-on practice using StudentForms. It is up to the school to determine how much testing they are going to perform prior to going live or begin processing for the new award year.
- This is also the best way to view all Student Actionable tasks within StudentForms to see the options and documents required.
- A test ISIR for each award year is made available to schools for each award year. The test ISIRs contain:
- Test students for each of the Student Actionable comment codes
- All verification tracking groups.
Please do not import live ISIRs into your sandbox environment, sandboxes may have broader access than your production site.
Hands-On Practice Getting Started
If the UAT file was not uploaded previously into your testing sandbox, please use the attached files at the bottom, upload the .txt files into the ISIR import page of your sandbox. Please note: For the .txt files you will need to right-click and choose the save link as an option. Clicking on the .txt file will not download the file.
The corresponding excel file has detailed student information for creating student and/or parent accounts. The school can choose to complete testing/practice for multiple award years or just the current award year. The UAT ISIR info file may be used for both 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 to create test student and/or parent accounts.
Creating Test Accounts in Sandbox
Once the school has downloaded or received the UAT ISIR info spreadsheet.
The school user will navigate to their sandbox environment login page.
The school user must also open the excel file corresponding to their UAT test file. The UAT Info excel spreadsheet provides information about the test cases. The spreadsheet contains the information required to create an account as a student or parent along with different verification, c codes, reject codes, and dependency statuses.
The school user selects the Create Account button.
On the create account screen the school user creates a test account for their student by entering the information from the excel spreadsheet.
- If the school user wants to test email and/or text communications they must enter a valid email address and/or phone number.
- Otherwise, the school user may enter an email @noemail.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for the required email address.
- Please Note: If testing communications, you may want to keep track of the students for whom you entered a valid email and/or phone number and return later to remove from the student account to turn off notifications.
Completing Hands-On Practice
To complete a task click anywhere on the task. Then follow the steps in this example select the fill out button to complete the webform. Additional steps may be required based on the options chosen in the webforms.