There may be several reasons why a student is receiving an error message when trying to create an account in StudentForms.
For error messages on the parent create account screen, please see Parent - Account Creation Error Messages
Error Code 1010 indicates that the student is entering information into the confirm information section (First Name, Last Name, DOB, and SSN) that does not match what is on the ISIR.
If the student has a c code, reject, or the SSN match flag value is not 4, for the check with the Social Security Administration on their name, DOB, or SSN the student is not able to create an account in StudentForms. These students appear in the invalid column on the ISIR imports screen. See Error Code 1005 below for list of c codes and rejects that prevent account creation.
Please Note: The student also receives error code 1010 if their ISIR has not been imported into StudentForms.
Common data entry errors include:
- Not including suffixes in the last name that were included on the FAFSA. i.e. Evans Jr
- Using a nickname or shorter version of full name, when full name was used on the FAFSA. i.e. Rich instead of Richard.
- Extra spaces were entered between names on the FAFSA but not during account creation. i.e. McFadden was entered Mc Fadden on the FAFSA.
- Special characters entered in name on FAFSA, and not entered when creating an account. i.e. La'Juan.
The best way to confirm the information is to have the student take a screenshot of the confirm student information section and provide to the school. See example below
- Once a screenshot has been provided, the school should use the PDF of the ISIR to compare the information.
- Using the PDF may allow the school to see extra spaces between suffixes or multiple names entered into first or last name fields.
Error Code 1005
- The SSN Match Flag has a value of anything besides 4
- The ISIR has a c code or reject code for a social security administration mismatch on their name, date of birth or SSN
- Students who do not have a successful match with the SSA appear in the invalid ISIRs column of the ISIR import page.
The student must clear up the issue with the Social Security Administration and get a successful SSN match flag on their ISIR before the student will be able to create an account.
The SSN match flag must have a value of 4 (SSN, Name, and DOB match) and can be found at the bottom of the 2nd page of the ISIR.
For Schools with Single Sign On into the application:
Error Code 1011
For schools who utilize single sign on (SSO) into StudentForms a student may receive an error code 1011 when trying to create their account.
- The student used a shared computer (computer lab, library, etc.) and the person using the computer prior to the student did not fully log out of their session on the computer.
- The student has a sibling/spouse/parent/roommate who also attends the institution and the other person did not fully log out of their school account.
- The student used a school employee's computer and the school employee was logged into their session.
If another person is logged into the computer using SSO, when the student creates their account it is associated to the person who is logged into the computer. If this occurs, the school has the ability to force re-registration for the student. Please see Unlink SSO Account for more information.
Additional SSO Login/Create Account Errors
If the school or student receives a message in their school portal regarding failed login, invalid login or access denied, this indicates an issue with the credentials being used to access the school's portal and the user should contact support for the school's portal. Additional messaging may be presented based on portal used.
If the school or student receives a message that they do not have permission to access the site this may indicate an issue with the SSO Claim information being sent to StudentForms. School users should take a screenshot of the error and have the customer support administrator for their school open a ticket with support. Support will research and determine the issue with the SSO Claims information being sent.
Please note: If the student is not able to log into the school's portal, this is an issue that the school IT will need to resolve. If the student receives an error message after they have logged into the school's portal and tried to navigate to StudentForms, please open a ticket and include a screenshot.
Additional SSO Login Solution Articles