Institutions have the ability to manage the operational and viewability dates of each transaction type within a given award year. This controls when individual transactions can have action taken within as well as how long they will be visible to students and institutional users.
Users with the Admin role can manage appeal transactions under Settings > Award Year Dates.
Types of Dates
The Award Year Dates help manage individual access time for each default StudentForms transaction, as well as any institutional custom appeal transaction.
Operation start and end dates reflect the FAFSA award year availability by default (October 1, 20xx - September 30, 20xx). The Start Date cannot be adjusted to begin ahead of the default start date and the Operational End Date cannot be adjusted to finish after the default end date. All dates can only be adjusted to be between the FAFSA award year availability dates.
The four categories for dates are:
- Start Date: Manages the operational beginning of the year for processing a transaction. The following highlights become available once the Start Date has been met:
- Tasks being created from imported ISIRs for the award year
- Ability to manually and bulk request transactions/documents (all transactions)
- Ability to generate ISIR corrections
- ISIR visibility
- Ability for students to manually request transactions/documents (if enabled)
- Operational End: Manages the final processing of the year for processing a transaction. The follow highlights are no longer available once the Operational End date has been met:
- Tasks are no longer created from imported ISIRs for the award year
- Transactions/documents are no longer available to manually or bulk request
- ISIR correction can no longer be generated for the award year
- Students may no longer request transaction/documents for the award year
- School Visibility End: Manages when transactions/documents may be hidden from institutional users. The following areas are impacted when the School Visibility End date is met:
- The Workflow page no longer displays/counts student transactions
- Data exports no longer count student transactions
- Student Visibility End: Manages when transactions/documents may be hidden from students. The following areas are impacted when the Student Visibility End date is met:
- Hides any action cards related to transaction from the Needs Action page
- Hides any transaction card from the transaction hub pages (Verification, Appeals, Other Docs)
Even when the operational end dates and display dates have passed, transactions that are still in your workflow queue continue to be available. To remove them from the workflow tool, you need to expire the transactions.
Manage Award Year Dates
- click the Edit (pencil) icon to edit an individual transaction's dates
- edit the operational/visibility dates as needed
- Note: All dates can only be adjusted to be between the FAFSA award year availability dates (default dates given)