eventNotifications is the section that defines what events to get notified from on CampusLogic. This works in conjunction with the Event Notification section of the School Settings on the Student Verification site.
- The event notification id listed in the Student Verification School Settings > Integration or can be found under Event Notification Definitions.
- There is also 0 to handle all events not explicitly defined
- This indicates what to do with the received event
- Three options listed in comments in code:
- DatabaseCommandNonQuery: runs a command against the client database (connection string defined in clientDataBaseConnection) that is not a query. For example an Insert Statement into a logging table.
- DatabaseStoredProcedure: points to a stored procedure that is located in the client database (connection string defined in clientDataBaseConnection)
- DocumentRetrieval: gets a document's metadata, associated documents, and creates an index for the file if enabled. The files are stored in the appSettings designated FileStoragePath. If this handle method is used at all then documentSettings configurations are required.
- This is only required if using DatabaseCommandNonQuery or DatabaseStoreProcedure as the handleMethod.
- DatabaseCommandNonQuery: the actual command to run. For example: dbCommandFieldValue="Update LogTable Set UpdatedDate = 'EventDateTimeUtcLong'". To see a list of available values to use in command click here.
- DatabaseStoredProcedure: the name of the stored procedure to run. For example: dbCommandFieldValue="_EventLogging"
clientDataBaseConnection holds the clients database instance information.
Note: This is only needed if taking advantage of the event notifications and using the handle method of DatabaseCommandNonQuery or DatabaseStoredProcedure.
There is only the one configuration of connectionString. This is your ODBC connection string. Ensure you have ODBC drivers on your machine in order to configure this. UID and PWD are optional fields.
If you would like to set up a DSN and need assistance take a look at the Create DSN instructions.