This article is a walk through for adding a job for CL Connect to automate uploading the datafile for CampusCommunicator. This process will be placing a file into a folder location for CL Connect to sweep on a configurable schedule. CL Connect will then place that file in an archive folder location.
1. Navigate to the CL Connect landing page and click on the Clicking Here... link for Setup CL Connect.
2. Select the checkbox for AwardLetter Uploads.
3. Click on the AwardLetter Uploads link on the left menu.
NOTE: AwardLetter was the previous name of CampusCommunicator. Some areas of our enterprise are still awaiting updates.
4. The AwardLetter Upload configuration in CL Connect will require the following information:
Upload Frequency: The frequency at which the files should be processed. Default value is "Daily".
- Weekly: Once a week at 12AM UTC time on Monday
- Daily: once a day at 12AM UTC time
- Hourly: every hour at the top of the hour
- Minutely: every minute
INFO: We use the following site to help convert to UTC time based on the time zone: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/timezone/utc
Days To Run: Indicates the days of the week that the upload process will run. At least one day must be selected.
Upload Path: Clicking “Select” button will allow you navigate through the local C:\ drive to select the folder, but it can also manually entered in the Upload Path to the specified folder in the given textbox. The specified folder location must allow permissions on the specified folder in order for the process to work. Clicking the “Test” button will allow you to ensure that CL Connect has the appropriate read/write permissions on the path provided.
Check Sub-Folders: This is an archived feature so it is no longer used.
Archive Path: Similar to the Upload Path, the Archive Path will allow you to specify the folder where you would like the files to be placed after processing. Permissions must also be granted to this folder.
5. After all fields are completed, click on Save Configurations on the left menu.
6. Click on the Save button.