Award Letter Testing
Testing in sandbox is one of the critical last steps in the setup to go live. This final approval will push everything into your production environment where you will begin using the application to send the communication to your students. The overall purpose of testing in sandbox is to:
- Make sure your import file works
- Make sure you're happy with the email(s) being sent to the student
- Make sure you're happy with the template(s) being produced
At this point it is assumed that that your import file is solidified with the required fields and any additional fields you may need to include. Please review this article if you are still adjusting your import file.
Please keep in mind that the sandbox is a live system. It will produce and send out templates to the email address in the student records. CampusLogic takes measurements to help prevent test files from sending live award letters to students, such as trying to limit the email address domain to only your school. If a real student email addresses contain your school domain, this does bypass the rule and will send a live email to the student.
When setting up your test file, keep some of these best practice in mind:
- Make sure your email address is the receiver for each student record. If you have additional email columns such as alternative email or parent email, either clear them or place an alternative email for yourself.
- Make sure your phone number is the receiver if your import file contains a phone number field to send a SMS notification to the student. You can leave the field blank if you do not wish to receive a SMS message.
- Keep it simple. 5-10 students is plenty to test. You don't want to overburden yourself with hundreds or thousands of emails and SMS messages because you imported a large file.
- If you have multiple templates, make sure to run at least one example of each.
- If you have sections or content that display for certain students, you may want to run an example where the section/content appears and another where it doesn't.
Whether you are using CL Connect or manually importing the test file into your sandbox, it is also good practice to review your files inside the application. Please review this article for a refresher on how to use the portal.
To test AwardLetter Upload, first you must access Processing Queues via the home page.
From the dashboard, click the "Recurring Jobs" menu item in the header. This will give you a list of scheduled jobs. You should see a record for Award Letter in the list.
Next, place a test file into the desired path (this should be the path you set up in the wizard) on your CLConnect server. Depending on the upload frequency interval that was specified, you should eventually see that the file is no longer present. This means that the processing job has picked up the file to be uploaded into AwardLetter.
After the processing has completed, you should see your file under the archive folder that was specified during wizard setup.