This guide will walk you through how to add Full Control permissions to the "IIS_IUSRS" group on Windows Server. CL Connect uses the default "ApplicationPoolIdentity" in IIS to do everything. This user group is the default.
NOTE: This is a local user on the server CL Connect is installed on. If you're wanting CL Connect to communicate with a network location, please see the article under "Related Articles" below about changing the "AppPoolIdentity".
1. Locate the "CL-Connect-Master" folder (typically in the C:\Inetpub\wwwroot folder) and right-click on it
2. Select Properties
3. Make sure the file is not read only by un-checking the Read-Only box and then clicking Apply
4. If you receive the "Confirm Attribute Changes" modal, please select OK.
5. Click the Security tab at the top and click Edit
- If you do not see the "IIS_IUSRS" group, review the section below titled "IIS_IUSRS Group Not Listed"
6. Highlight the "IIS_IUSRS" group and check the box next to "Full control". Click Apply and then OK.
7. Click OK back on the Properties modal.
IIS_IUSRS Group Not Listed
1. In the Properties modal, under the Security tab, click Edit
2. Click the Add button
3. Click the Locations... button, select the local server, and click OK
4. In the "Enter the object names to select:" box, type in IIS_IUSRS, click Check Names, and click OK once the user group name has populated
5. Highlight the "IIS_IUSRS" group and check the box next to "Full control". Click Apply and then OK.
6. Click OK back on the Properties modal.
Please continue on to the next step: IIS and CL Connect Settings