This guide will walk through creating folders which are required for several of the CL Connect integration touch points.
CL Connect is configured to sweep folder locations to upload new files and also has a process to archive the files sent. This requires an "Upload" folder and an "Archive" folder for this configuration.
Conversely, if any incoming communication is setup for Event Notifications in CL Connect for creating a flat file, index file, or document files then folder locations will also be needed for this output.
Below are general instructions to create local folder locations on the server and provide CL Connect the proper permissions to them.
Windows File Explorer:
1. There are a few ways to open Windows File Explorer. If it is on the Taskbar, simply click on the icon. Or click on the "Windows button" icon and select the File Explorer tile.
2. Navigate to the location wanted for this data. A suggestion would be to create a "parent folder" with sub-folders for integration to each of the CL Connect products.
3. In this example, the parent folder is placed on the root of C: named CL-Connect_Data
NOTE: Please do not have any spaces in the folder names for the path that will be configured later in CL Connect.
4. Right-click in a blank area in the folder/file section, go to New, and select Folder.
5. Name the parent folder and press the Enter key.
6. Navigate into the parent folder to create the sub-folders, and repeat steps 4 and 5 until all the sub-folders needed have been created.
7. If unsure of the folders that will be needed, please refer to the CL Connect integration products listed below with suggested folder names.
|CL Connect Integration Folders Required Per Product|
|Product||Folder Action||Suggested Folder Name||Folder Purpose|
|StudentForms||Input||ISIR_Upload||Sends ISIR file to StudentForms.|
|StudentForms||Output||ISIR_Upload_Archive||Archive the ISIR files that were sent to StudentForms.|
|StudentForms||Output||ISIR_Corrections||CL Connect creates a batch file for FA to send back to CPS.|
|StudentForms||Output||SF_To_SIS||If the File Store option is configured in CL Connect for Event Notifications, this will be the output location for the CSV file to include the data needed for the SIS to update student records based on the activity done in SF.|
|StudentForms||Output||Document_Imaging||If Documents from StudentForms are wanted, this will be the folder location for the document files and index files (if applicable).|
|CampusCommunicator||Input||CCOM_Upload||Send the data file for the student communication to be sent out by CCOM.|
|CampusCommunicator||Output||CCOM_Upload_Archive||Archive the data file that was sent to CCOM.|
|CampusCommunicator||Output||CCOM_Print||If the CCOM Print (Award Letter Print in CL Connect) option is configured an output folder location will be needed for the PDF files.|
|CampusCommunicator||Output||CCOM_Batch||If the CCOM Batch Processing option is configured an output folder location will be needed for the PDF and index files.|
|ScholarshipUniverse||Input||SIS_Data_File_Upload||SU and VA share this process and folder location. This folder will be another parent folder to sub-folders and the function will be to send a csv file of data to SU.|
|ScholarshipUniverse||Output||SIS_Data_File_Upload_Archive||Archive the files sent to SU.|
|ScholarshipUniverse||Output||SU_To_SIS||If the File Store option is configured in CL Connect for Event Notifications, this will be the output location for the CSV file to include the data needed for the SIS to update student records and scholarships based on the activity in SU.|
|VirtualAdvisor||Input||SIS_Data_File_Upload||SU and VA share this process and folder location. This folder will be another parent folder to sub-folders and the function will be to send a csv file of data to VA.|
|VirtualAdvisor||Output||SIS_Data_File_Upload_Archive||Archive the files sent to VA.|
8. When all of the folders are created, navigate back two directories, or when the parent folder was created.
NOTE: These next steps will be adding the permissions to the folders. Similar to what was done when installing CL Connect: CL Connect - File Path Permissions If CL Connect is using UNC pathways for the folders, here are steps to update the identity of CL Connect so the proper permissions can be assigned: Changing identity user for IIS Application Pool
9. Right-click on the parent folder and select Properties.
10. Select the Security tab and click on the Edit button.
11. If the IIS_IUSRS user group is not in the Group or User names: section, then click the Add button.
12. This will likely default to the network, but IIS_IUSRS is local to the server.
13. If this is the case, select the Locations... button.
14. Select the local server from the presented list and click on the OK button.
15. Type IIS_IUSRS into the Enter the object names to select field and click on the Check Names button.
16. The results should be the server name\IIS_IUSRS, as seen in the example below.
17. Click on the OK button.
18. Select the IIS_IUSRS user group that was just created, select the Allow Full Control checkbox, click on the Apply button, and then the OK button.
19. Click on the OK button one more time.
Now CL Connect will have the proper permissions for the integration that is being configured. Depending on the integration please select the appropriate option below for next steps:
- StudentForms: CL Connect - ISIR Upload
- CampusCommunicator: CL Connect - CampusCommunicator Upload
- ScholarshipUniverse: CL Connect - Data File Upload for SU
- VirtualAdvisor: CL Connect - Data File Upload for VA