This section will show you how to setup the Batch Processing integration in CL Connect.
This integration will create a single, high-quality, PDF for each Award Letter record you load into our Award Letter environment. When records are imported into AwardLetter for printing, this service will track those files for processing. When the service runs, a single file will be created for each record, until all records have been accounted for.
1. Open CL Connect and select Clicking Here option on Step 1.
2. Check the Event Notifications checkbox, then the Batch Processing checkbox, and then click Continue.
3. Pass the API credential and Application Settings screens (see this guide 'Setting API Credentials' for help with setting your API credentials).
4. Navigate to Event Notifications, add once there a new event and select the Batch Processing type. Provide a name for this batch process, then click Continue.
5. In Batch Processing, select a Batch Processing Type to add from the dropdown and create a Batch Process for that type.
6. Enter the Batch Name (same as defined in Event Notifications), Max Batch Size (should be set to 1), File Path, and Batch Execution Minutes (should be set to 5) for this process and then click Save.
The newly created process will appear in the table, resolving the missing batch name error in the left menu. Click Continue, and then click Save on the last screen. Your Batch Process is set up!
*Batch Name: The identifier for the Batch Process. Cannot be longer than 25 characters.
*Max Batch Size: This should be set to 1 document per file.
*File Path: The directory in which to place the generated batch document.
File Name Format: The name of the file to generate. If additional batch files are needed, those corresponding files will be appended by a timestamp for uniqueness. If this field is empty, the file will take the default format, which is the name of the batch processing type.
- The actual format will be: "StudentID--FirstName--LastName_templateTypeName"
- The Template Type name is set by our development team and can be found in your AwardLetter portal under Admin > File Mapping. The template types will be at the bottom of the application.
*Batch Execution Minutes: The interval on which the batch process runs. We recommend setting this to 5 minutes.
* = Required