This section will show you how to setup the API Integration settings in CL Connect.
API Integration provides the ability to call an external API through CL Connect, using Event Notifications data as parameters.
1. Open CL Connect and select Clicking Here option on Step 1.
2. Check the Event Notifications checkbox, then the API Integration checkbox, and then click Continue.
3. Pass the API credential and Application Settings screens (see this guide 'Setting API Credentials' for help with setting your API credentials).
4. Navigate to Event Notifications. Once there, add a new event and select the API Integration type. Provide a unique name for your API's endpoint, then click Continue. The warning will be taken care of in a later step.
5. In API Integration, click Add.
6. Fill in the fields according to the authentication required by your API. Click Save.
7. Verify that your settings have appeared in the API Integrations area, then click Add Endpoint.
8. Declare the Name field to be the same as the name you provided in Event Notifications. Fill out the form as necessary according to the structure of your API. For the Parameter field, declare it to be the parameter your API expects. The value for each parameter will come from the Event Notification itself, specified by whatever is selected in the dropdown of Event Property options. When everything is defined, click Save.
9. Verify your endpoint appears as expected in the API Integrations corresponding to the settings you have defined, then click Continue. The warning should now disappear.
You now have an endpoint tied to those authentication settings, and are ready to start calling your API! You can define as many different settings and endpoints as you want, but remember to define the endpoints in Event Notifications for that API to be called.
The following are fields related to setup of the API Integration:
*API Name: A label for your API Integration.
*Authentication: The type of protocol, such as OAuth 2.0, or Basic Authentication. Can be None.
*Root: The root of the URL which handles API calls.
Token Service: The URL which serves the token for the selected protocol.
Username / Client ID: The username for the service.
Password / Client Secret: The password for the service.
The following are fields related to setup of the API Endpoint:
*Name: A unique identifier and label for your Endpoint.
*Endpoint: The endpoint of the URL which will call your API.
*Method: The HTTP request type (GET, POST, PUT).
MIME Type: The media type for POST and PUT requests.
*Parameter Mappings: A list of parameters specific to your API which get their values from the event property to which they are mapped.
*Parameter: The parameter key as specified by your API.
*Maps To: The event property from which to retrieve the value.
* = Required
Once you have finished setting this up, please move on to the next integration here: Document Imaging Integration .