To enable bulk-action integration in CL Connect, there are two areas in the Setup Wizard that can be configured:
- SMTP - See SMTP article for a detailed explanation of how to setup SMTP.
- Bulk Action - The rest of this article is devoted to configuring Bulk Action.
NOTE: SMTP is optional for Bulk Action but suggested for notification if CL Connect is experiencing any errors with processing jobs.
The bulk action-import process requires a shared-file location on the institution's network where import files will be placed for import. CL Connect is then configured to monitor that location and will pick up the file and push the file to StudentForms API. The directions to configure this are below.
1. Navigate to the CL Connect landing page and click on the Clicking Here... link for Setup CL Connect.
2. Select the checkbox next to Bulk Actions.
3. Click on Bulk Actions on the left menu or click on the Continue button until you get to the Bulk Actions section.
4. Set the Process Schedule to the frequency desired.
Process Schedule: The frequency at which the files will be processed. Default value is "Daily".
- Weekly: Once a week at 12AM UTC time on Monday
- Daily: once a day at 12AM UTC time
- Hourly: every hour at the top of the hour
- Minutely: every minute
INFO: We use the following site to help convert to UTC time based on the timezone: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/timezone/utc
File Pickup Location: The file path of the Pickup folder/directory. Clicking “Select Folder” will allow you navigate through your C:\ drive to select a folder, but you can also manually enter the path to the specified folder in the given textbox. You must allow permissions on the specified folder in order for the process to work. Clicking the “test” button will allow you to ensure that CL Connect has the appropriate read/write permissions on the path provided.
File Drop-off Location: Similar to the Pickup Location, the Drop-off Path will allow you to specify the folder where you would like the files to be placed after processing. Permissions must also be granted to this folder.
NOTE: If the directories are going to be local to the server, please refer to this article to Create/Identify Network Folders. If a network path (UNC) is prefered, then a service user needs to be created for CL Connect and the IIS identity needs to be changed so CL Connect can be granted the read/write permissions. Here is how to update IIS and change the identity for CL Connect.
Notification Email: Enter the email address for the user/group who will be alerted when the bulk action has completed.
5. After all fields are completed, click on Save Configurations on the left menu or click on the Continue button.
6. Click on the Save button on the right.
INFO: For more information on monitoring the status of a bulk action, please see How to Monitor Status of a CL Connect Bulk Action.