The student's transaction page contains several different sections in StudentForms. For school users who complete the review of the transaction, the work mainly in the transaction page.
The transaction page is where the school user completes the review for the transaction type selected. Navigation to the transaction page can be done by a couple of methods.
- If searching for a student, once the student is selected the user is taken to the student's account page. Choosing a transaction type from the dropdown takes the user to the transaction page.
- If selecting a student from the workflow, the user is taken to the student's transaction page.
Student Information, StudentForms Transaction and ISIR Information Section
The top section of the transaction page contains student information, StudentForms transaction information and ISIR information from the latest ISIR transaction imported into StudentForms with the highest transaction number.
The information in this section is populated from the ISIR or from information provided after the student has created their account.
- Last 4 of SSN - Full SSN should never be displayed for security purposes
- Student ID - If provided by the student or school, otherwise last four of SSN is default value
- Email - If provided on ISIR or after student creates account
- DOB - Provided from ISIR
- Phone - If provided on ISIR or after the student creates account
- The transaction type dropdown allows the user to switch to different transaction types for the student including: Verification, SAP Appeal, Dependency Override, EFC Recalculation, and Other Documents. The options available may vary based on user access.
- Available ISIRs based on user access provides a PDF of the ISIR transaction selected from the dropdown. The number in the () indicates the ISIR transaction number for the award year.
- Compare ISIRs based on user access provides the ability to compare up to 4 ISIR transactions in the same award year or across award years.
StudentForms Transaction Information
The StudentForms Transaction Information contains information about the transaction, where the student/school user is in the review process, create date and ISIR used in the review.
- Transaction - The StudentForms transaction number. If student has multiple transactions for the same transaction type, a dropdown would be available to select the different transactions.
- Please Note: This is not the ISIR transaction number.
- Status - The status indicates where the student or school user is at with the review process.
- Collect and Recollect indicate that the student has open tasks to complete
- Reviewing uploaded document(s) and Reviewing File indicate that the student has finished all of their tasks and is waiting for the school to complete review
- Processing Corrections - Indicates the school has completed review and the ISIR requires corrections
- Verified - Indicates the school has completed review and has an ISIR that matches the documentation received.
- Ignored - Indicates a subsequent ISIR was received and the school chose to disregard the transaction.
- Expired - Indicates the school does not need to take action on the ISIR for a specific Award Year and has expired the transaction for the award year.
- Please Note: Expiring a transaction causes any future ISIRs imported into StudentForms to not process (ISIR transaction is not visible). The school would need to unexpire the transaction to process the subsequent ISIR.
- Created on - Date that the transaction was opened on. This may occur on the same date as the account creation the first time the student logs in.
- View Current ISIR - Brings up a PDF of the ISIR that is being used for the file review comparisons. StudentForms uses the most recent transaction with the highest transaction number for the award year.
The ISIR information section contains some common information reviewed from the ISIR. The information displayed in this section is from the ISIR with the highest transaction number (current ISIR)
- Student IRS DRT Code: The IRS Data Retrieval Tool code is used to determine if the taxes section appears to the student when completing the Household or Verification form.
- Student IRS Display Flag: The IRS Display Flag is used for 2017-2018 and prior to determine if an amended tax return would be required from the student.
- Parent IRS DRT Code: The IRS Data Retrieval Tool code is used to determine if the taxes section appears to the parent when completing the Household or Verification form.
- Parent IRS Display Flag: The IRS Display Flag is used for 2017-2018 and prior to determine if an amended tax return would be required from the parent.
- Dependency Status: The dependency status from the ISIR determines which forms the student may need to complete, if the form is different based on dependency status. Additionally, if a parent signature would be required. i.e. verification form has Dependent and Independent versions.
- V Group: The verification group determines which verification documents the student has to complete.
- Comment Codes: This is a link to a short description of the comment codes present on the student's ISIR that may require resolution.
- EFC: The efc from the current ISIR.
File Review and Student View Tabs
The file review tab contains all documents submitted by the student for the transaction type selected. It allows the school user to request additional information from the student, to complete file review and make ISIR corrections.
The student view tab allows the school user to see the tasks and forms that the student has completed or needs to complete. It also allows the school user to upload documents on behalf of the student. Additional actions may be taken on individual tasks prior to the student submitting the tasks.
Please review the following articles for more information on the File Review and Student View Tabs.