Student's may access their StudentForms account on a mobile device. The view and navigation are slightly different from a computer. Below is an overview of navigation on a mobile device.
For schools that sign directly into the Secure Login screen (pictured below) there are some features on the screen for the students when using a mobile device. The functionality is the same as on a computer.
If a parent is using a mobile device they have the same options pictured below for both DSO and SSO Schools.
- Forgot Username - Allows a student or parent who have verified their email address (email provided to use once account created with link to verify email address) to retrieve their username if they have forgotten it.
- Forgot Password - Allows a student or parent who has verified their email address (email provided to user once account created with link to verify email address) to reset their password if they have forgotten it.
- For parents who have locked their account after 5 unsuccessful login attempts, using the forgot password link is the only way to unlock their account.
- Login button - After student or parent has created an account, they may enter their username and password in the appropriate fields to log into their account.
- Create Account - The first time a student or parent visits the school's StudentForms site, they are required to create an account (Students at DSO schools only, SSO schools the register account screen is presented)
- Parent Login/Student Login Link - Allows the user to switch between the student login screen and the parent login screen.
Create Account (DSO)
Students who are at an DSO school and all parents must create an account the first time they go to StudentForms. This functionality is the same as on a computer. The student/parent is required to create a username, create a password, and confirm information as it appears on the ISIR.
Please see the following links for more information on account creation.
Register Account (SSO)
Students who are at an SSO school, the first time they go to StudentForms, they must register their account. This functionality is the same as on the computer. For more information please see the Student Login and Create Account article.
Student Task Screen
The student task screen on a mobile device has the same functionality as on a computer, the navigation just varies slightly. For more information on how a student completes tasks on a mobile device, please see Student - Using a Mobile Device to Complete Tasks
Student Profile/Account Activity Menu
Selecting the shows the student's display name menu
Selecting the student's display name opens the Home, Settings, Account Activity, and Logout options.
- Home - Returns student to task screen
- Settings - Opens Setting screen to allow student to update profile and communication preferences
- Account Activity - Shows account and communication activity for the student
- Logout - Logs student out of StudentForms
- Please Note: If student is accessing StudentForms through SSO, logout only logs them out of StudentForms. It does not log them out of the school portal, if student returns to StudentForms they will be able to access without having to sign in.
The settings option allows the student to update certain profile and communication preferences. These options vary based on SSO and DSO schools. The student would select the edit button to update the information. If the student is required to verify their email address and has not done so, the verify button is visible.
Account activity allows the student to review the activity that has taken place on their account. It shows student, parent, system and school user activity. It only shows a generic school user, it does not show a school user's name. The account activity option also allows the student to review their communications that have been sent from StudentForms. Selecting the communication activity link shows the communication activity.
When enabled by the school in school settings, the student may request their own appeals or other documents. The student would select the request button
The student would select the type of appeal or document they would like to submit, enter a comment in the requests box and select submit.