This document is a walkthrough to configuration CL Connect to produce an XML file for PowerFAIDS to consume to update student activity.
Step by Step Guide:
1. Navigate to the CL Connect landing page and click on the "Clicking Here..." for the Setup CL Connect section.
2. Select the Event Notifications and PowerFAIDS check boxes.
3. Click on the Event Notifications option on the left menu.
4. Add the event numbers CL Connect should take action on and were subscribed to in Platform Management.
NOTE: For instruction of how to subscribe to events in Platform Management please review CampusLogic Integration with CL Connect and Event Notifications
5. Select PowerFAIDS as the handler in the dropdown menu for the event.
6. If more events are required to be added, click on the Add another event on the right.
7. The Database Connection should be set to None.
8. When finished adding all required events, click on Continue.
INFO: The examples shown below are for the default events typically used by most schools for verification.
9. Enter the folder path for the file output in the File Path field.
10. Click on the Test button to confirm that folder has the proper permissions.
11. Select either One or Multiple to indicate the preference for the XML output file.
- One: Will generate a single file for each student event.
- Multiple: Will work as a batch to include all student updates between the batch time frames specified.
12. Click on the Add button to start adding the events and the outcome for them.
Add PowerFAIDS Record:
INFO: The example below will be showing the Both Documents and Verification selection since it includes the options for both. Please refer to your functional team for assistance with filling out what is appropriate with this portion.
- Event: Enter the event number
- Transaction Category: Enter the type of transaction the event is for.
NOTE: Available options for Transaction Category currently include: 1 = Student Verification 2 = SAP Appeal 3 = PJ Dependency Override Appeal 4 = PJ EFC Appeal 5 = Other Documents 51 = Cost of Attendance Appeal
- Outcome: This specifies what this event is for and updating in PowerFAIDS
- Short Name: This is the short name of the document created in PowerFAIDS this XML file will be updating.
- Required For: Select the appropriate option from the dropdown choices based on the event.
- Status: Select the appropriate option from the dropdown choices based on the event.
- Document Lock: Select the appropriate option from the dropdown choices based on the event.
- Verification Outcome: Select the appropriate option from the dropdown choices based on the event.
- Verification Outcome Lock: Select the appropriate option from the dropdown choices based on the event.
13. Click on the Save button.
14. After all required events have been added, click on the Continue button.
15. Click on the Save button to complete the configuration.