Platform Management is a tool to manage user accounts, roles, and settings across all CampusLogic applications. The application is separated into three focal points: General (including managing users, roles, and contact information), Integration (to manage credentials for CL Connect), and Settings (including communication and platform settings).
- Employee Management: manage basic employee user information, deactivate/reactivate accounts, and unlock users (https://campuslogicinc.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000777973-employee-management)
- Employee Roles: activate/deactive users and edit roles for each application (https://campuslogicinc.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000778096-employee-roles)
- Search Users: search student, parent, and employee users and view their basic account information (https://campuslogicinc.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000778271-search-users)
- Contact Information: manage basic school contact information (https://campuslogicinc.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000778272-contact-information)
- User Profile Page: manage user profile information (https://campuslogicinc.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000784484-user-profile-page)
- Credentials Management: manage secure credentials for STS (Security Token Service) (https://campuslogicinc.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000778275-credentials-management)
- Platform Communications: manage the email address and display name from each application (https://campuslogicinc.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000778273-platform-communications)
- Platform Settings: manage account creation and management, user sessions, and two-step authentication (https://campuslogicinc.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000778274-platform-settings)
Please note that permissions to features of Platform Management are split between the Platform Administrator role and the Admin role for any product. The Platform Administrator role is considered a security role to help manage users and their access to CampusLogic applications, also given the rights to manage API credentials management and specific security settings across all applications, such as two-step authentication and password requirements. Admins of a particular application are still given all permissions to their assigned application, but the ability to add users has been removed to ensure the that role cannot add users or assign roles for other applications they do not have permissions to.
Accessing Platform Management
If you have an Admin role assigned to you for the application you are currently in, you'll find access to Platform Management in your profile drop down located on the top right of each application.
- Click on the Profile Drop Down on the top right corner
- Select Platform Management
You will be directed to the General page of the Platform Management tool.