Employee Roles allows you to manage your employee roles for each CampusLogic application. Please note that a single user is able to have multiple roles across each application.
Please note that a Platform Administrator is the only role allowing visibility and accessibility to Employee Roles.
Accessing Employee Roles
If you have an Admin role assigned to you for the application you are currently in, you'll find access to Platform Management in your profile drop down located on the top right of each application.
- Click on the Profile Drop Down on the top right corner
- Select Platform Management
You will be directed to the General page of the Platform Management tool.
- Select Employee Roles
By default the page view roles by Users, selecting the first employee account by alphabetical order.
Differences in Views
The Employee Roles page has different views for specific purposes. The View By filter is always defaulted to "Users", but there is also the ability to view roles by a specific role and by specific application.
- View By Users allows you to select any user, both active and inactive accounts, and view all roles assigned to that person across all applications. This is the only view where you can add a new role for a user.
- Use the Select User filter to find the user you wish to view and edit. You can type ahead to filter down your search results.
- Clicking on "Select Role(s)..." will display a drop down for every role available for an application. You can assign a role by clicking on any role not already highlighted.
- Click "x" on a role to remove it from the user, or un-select a highlighted role from the "Select Role(s)..." drop down.
- View By Application allow you to view all users and their roles for the selected application. This view will not allow you to add roles to a user who doesn't already have a role in the application, but instead this view allows you to remove any role for any user in the selected application or add additional roles for the users.
- Use the Select Application filter to find the application you wish to view and edit.
- Clicking on the Roles field will display a drop down of any role from the application that can be added for the user. You can assign the role for that application by clicking on any role not already highlighted.
- Click "x" on an role to remove it from the user, or un-select a highlighted role from the Roles drop down.
- View By Role allows you to view any user who has the selected role. This view will not allow you to add the role to a user who does not already have the role, but instead this view allows you to remove the selected role from an application or add the same role to another application, if applicable.
- Use the Select Role filter to find the role you wish to view and edit. You can type ahead to filter down your search results.
- Clicking on the Applications field will display a drop down of any application you can add the role to for the user. You can assign the role for that application by clicking on any application not already highlighted.
- Note that the Admin role is shared across all applications. User and Viewer roles are only shared for CampusCommunicator and CampusMetrics.
- Click "x" on an application to remove it from the user, or un-select a highlighted application from the Applications drop down.
Managing Employee Roles: https://campuslogicinc.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000777973-employee-management
CampusCommunicator roles: https://campuslogicinc.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000743335-awardletter-user-roles