As a school administrator, I want to be able to define award years that align with my institution's award year schedule. Only the school administrator has rights to add, edit, or deactivate award years.
The school administrator must add the award years for which ScholarshipUniverse is being used, even if they match the federal award years. The award years as entered by the school admin appear across ScholarshipUuniverse for the institution and are used in determining the award year to which the scholarship fund is applied.
Adding Institutional Award Years
- Click on [Settings] link in the Menu bar on the left of the home screen
- The [Award Years] tile is located in the panel view of the settings screen
- Click on the [Award Years] tile and open up the Award Years section
- The Award Years section has an [Active](default view) and [Inactive] view. Added award years appear in the active section.
- Click the link in the top right corner of the section, [Add+], to add a new Award Year
- Enter the award year name as your institution would like it to appear throughout ScholarshipUniverse
- Select the corresponding Federal Award Year from the Federal Award Year drop-down menu
- Enter the Start Date for your institution's award year using the format month/day/year, optionally, selecting the allows the user to choose the start date from the calendar
- Enter the End Date for your institution's award year using the format month/day/year, optionally, selecting the allows the user to choose the end date from the calendar
All fields are required, once all of the information has been entered, select [Save] to add the institution's award year.
- Once the new award year has been saved, the user is directed back to the Award Years list. The newly added award year is present in the list. If additional award years are needed, please select the [Add+], to repeat the steps above.
Editing/Deactivating Institutional Award Years
Once an institutional award year has been added into the Award Years section, the school administrator may edit or deactivate the award year. The school user may also reactivate inactive award years if needed.
- If updates are needed for an active award year, select the to edit the award year. This opens the edit award year box. Once the user has made any necessary edits, selecting save keeps the new changes. Selecting cancel disregards the changes and returns the user to the award years section.
Once an institutional award year has ended or is no longer required, the school administrator may deactivate the award year by selecting the moves the award year to the inactive award years section. Select the Inactive option in the Award Years section to view, edit, or reactivate inactive institutional award years.
- If updates are needed for an inactive award year, select the to edit the award year. This opens the edit award year box. Once the user has made any necessary edits, selecting save keeps the new changes. Selecting cancel disregards the changes and returns the user to the award years section.
- If the inactive award year should be active, select the to reactivate the award year.
Troubleshooting and FAQs
Can I have multiple institutional award years matched to a single Federal Award Year?