Majors & Programs contains an import feature to allow you to manage your majors in quick, bulk actions.
User Import File Specifications
The bulk import process uses a CSV file with the following fields and requirements:
- PROGRAM- the list of your schools majors/programs found within your Student Information System, as they appear to your students
- Any question using the Majors lookup list will use the values found in this column as options to select
- CIP- the list of Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) that map to each of your majors
- CIP should only contain the CIP index number, not including the name
- SHORT - this is an optional list of alternative labels for your programs (i.e. "Math" for program "Mathematics")
- STATUS - this is an optional column to update the status of the major
- Acceptable values include "A" to Activate or "D" to Deactivate
* PROGRAM and CIP are required values. SHORT and STATUS is an optional field.
Please note the following requirements for the import file:
- The user import file requires the headers given above for any situation, in the same format and in the order listed
- PROGRAM and CIP are required for each record; SHORT is optional
- You may have multiple Programs tied to the same CIP, but you may not have multiple CIPs tied to the same Program (i.e. you cannot create duplicate Programs)
- If an existing Program is found, the CIP and Short Code will be updated for that record; else the Program does not exist and a new record for that Program will be created
- CIP values are listed on the National Center of Educational Statistics website, found here: https://nces.ed.gov/ipeds/cipcode/browse.aspx?y=55
Using the Import Feature
This section will walk you through the import process. The import feature will process successful records and alert you to errors found.
- In the Majors & Programs page, click on the Import List button.
- The CIP Import modal will appear, where you must select a CSV file to import.
- After selecting a file, click Import to begin the process
- The process will commit any records where errors are not found. The results of the validation will appear within the modal:
- Number of Records Added (where Program did not exist before)
- Number of Records Updated (where Program already existed)
- Number of Records Not Added (an error was found and these records were not added)
- If you wish to export a CSV file of the records with errors, click on Export Records Not Added
Question Personalization: https://campuslogicinc.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000783110-question-personalization