The Fund Codes page contains an import feature to allow you to manage fund codes in quick, bulk actions.
User Import File Specifications
The bulk user import process uses a CSV file with the following fields and requirements:
- Fund Code - the code as it appears in your information system
- Fund Code Type; acceptable values include:
- Student Information System
- Customer Relationship Management
- Accounting & Financial System
- Y = Yes
- N = No
* All field values are required.
Please note the following requirements for the import file:
- The user import file requires the headers given above for any situation, in the same format and in the order listed
- If an exact match is found for an existing Fund Code, your import will update the record with any new information, including whether it is active/inactive
- Else if an exact match is not found for an existing Fund Code, you import will create a new Fund Code record
- All fields are required in order to create/edit a record
- If your Description includes commas, you will need to wrap the Description value in quotations (" ") to retain the CSV format
Using the Import Feature
This section will walk you through the import process. The import feature will validate your file and alert you to any errors before you decide to commit to the changes.
- In the Fund Codes page, click on the Import Fund Codes button.
- The Fund Code Import modal will appear, where you must select a CSV file to import.
- After selecting a file, the import process will begin validating the file before taking action. The results of the validation will appear within the modal:
- Number of records to be added (new fund codes)
- Number of records to be updated (existing fund codes)
- Number of records with error
- if errors are found, a list will be generated to quickly identify the issue and what row it is found in the import file
- If you wish to export a CSV file of the records with errors, click on Export Error Results
- If you have no errors and you are ready to commit the changes, click Submit. If you have errors, you can still Submit to commit all records ready to add or update, but errors won't be included in the commit.