Cycles are used to manage the application period for a single scholarship or for multiple scholarships. A cycle must be created to publish a scholarship and defining cycles is one of the first steps in preparing to offer a scholarship opportunity. Cycle management is found on the Planning page and users with Admin access or Scholarship Coordinator access will have the Cycles tile on the page.
Plan > Cycles
- Click on Cycles tile.
- Click on Add+ button to create a new cycle or click the Edit icon to open an existing cycle. A modal window will open.
Note: The Cycles screen has 3 tabs for Current (i.e. Scholarships Available date has passed), Future (i.e. Scholarships Available date is a future date), and Archived (Scholarships Deadline is passed).
- Create a unique Cycle Name. We recommend defining a naming structure that helps users identify the cycle for creating scholarships and for reporting purposes (e.g. Fall 2018 Engineering)
- Enter a Scholarship Available Date - This is the first day students will be able to submit applications for the associated scholarships.
- Enter a Scholarship Deadline - Deadline for application submission for associated scholarships.
- Please note: The deadline time for the date entered is 11:59pm PST.
- Click Add to save the cycle
Troubleshooting and FAQs
- If after clicking Add your cycle "disappears", check the Future and Archived and confirm the dates entered.