As an institution, I want to be able to streamline the Scholarship Review process. This section is intended to assist the Review Committee by creating a workflow of Review Pools making the process of reviewing scholarship applications more efficient. Once the Reviewer is ready to rank the students submitted applications, they can select the appropriate Review Pool and view the applications that are ready for review. When starting the review process, the user will have visibility to the application, be able to score the application depending on the scoring method, and continue on to the next application without returning to the Review Pool.
There are a few requirements that need to be completed before the school can start the scholarship review process.
- Scholarship to be reviewed must be in Review Status.
- A Pool must be built with the scholarship that is to be reviewed.
- A Committee must be built to identify the members that are responsible for reviewing the applications.
Reviewing a Pool
Review > Review Applications
- Click on [Review] link in the Menu bar on the left of the home screen;
- Find the [Review Applications] tile in the panel view;
- Click the [Review Applications] tile and open the application review section
- The user should be presented a list of the open Review Pools that need to be reviewed.
- This screen provides quick overview of each Pool:
- Review Pool: Name of pool
- Application: Application associated with the scholarship that is being reviewed.
- Round: Which round is currently being reviewed.
- Deadline: The date that was determined that the review needs to be completed by.
- Outstanding Reviews: The number of applications that still need to be reviewed in the current round
- Total Reviews: The total amount of applications that need to be reviewed in the current round
- View: Link to start reviewing applications
Reviewing an Applicant
- To start the review process, select the View icon that corresponds with the Pool that needs to be reviewed.
- The user will be taken to the Pool Review screen. This screen provides the user with some filtering options:
- Ready to Review: This provides a list of candidates that are waiting to be reviewed
- Reviewed: The user can view the candidates that have already been reviewed
- All: The user can view all candidates that are reviewed and waiting to be reviewed
- Select an applicant to review by clicking the Review icon. This will bring the reviewer to the candidate's application as well as any other fields that were added to the pool to be reviewed.
- The reviewer can toggle between the different tabs to assist with the review process.
- On the right hand side of the page, the reviewer is provided a tool to grade the candidate. There are two scoring methods:
- Score Card: This provides a quantitative approach to rate each applicant.
- Recommended: This provides a qualitative approach to rate each applicant.
- When the reviewer has completed a review, they have an option to return back to the Pool Review screen by clicking the [Back to Pool] link, or they can move to the next applicant by clicking the next icon.
- Depending on how the pool is configured, the reviewer may or may not be able to view the reviews from other reviewers or from previous rounds in the Committee Score section.
- This tool, if enabled, provides the user with:
- The ability to toggle between current and previous rounds.
- Round Rank: Ranks the candidates on their score within the selected round.
- Average Score: Sum of all score totals given within that round divided by the number of reviews completed in that round.
- Median: The middle score when the number of scores given is an odd number and an average of the middle two scores when the number of scores given is even
- A list of the reviewers
- If the review method is a Score Card and a review has been completed, the reviewer has an option to review the scores of that reviewer within that round by clicking the reviewers score.
- The option to review other reviewers scores is managed in the Manage Pools section.
- The reviewer can always make updates to a candidates review as long as the Round is still open.
Troubleshooting and FAQs
[Links to related FAQ documents]