Basic Settings includes the ability to change the general ScholarshipUniverse email sender settings, as well as settings around reviewing and awarding students.
- Student Experience: Scholarships; Internal vs External
- Review and Approve Thank You Letters
- Documents: Letter of Recommendation
- Manage Awards
Settings > Basic
To get to the Basic Settings page, click on the Settings option in the left navigation, then click on the Basic tile.
Here is a preview of the Basic Settings page:
- Match Question Break Frequency: This setting controls the frequency of how often a student is asked if they would like to continue answering matching questions or review opportunities. The number represents the amount of pages that student completes between break pages.
- Default Student Scholarship Sort Order: This setting sets the order in which the student will view their matching scholarships. Sort options:
- Due Date
- Amount: High to Low
- Amount: Low to High
- Alpha: A-Z
- Alpha: Z-A
- School Scholarships First
- External Scholarships First
- Enable External Scholarships: This setting allows the user to disable external scholarships so students only see and apply for internal scholarships.
- Letter of Rec Request Expiration (Days): This setting controls the number of days a letter of recommendation may be submitted after its request date. If the given deadline is beyond the set number of days, the request will not expire until the deadline.
- Display Opportunity: This switch controls the display of potential opportunity amount presented to the student while answering questions.
- Include Direct Awards in Student Search: This allows direct award scholarships in Published or Awarding status to be found within student scholarship search results. Student view of the scholarship will mirror the public scholarship view, where items such as matching requirements or contact information are removed.
- Review Pool Scholarship Within (Days): When creating a review pool, only scholarships past their deadline are shown. This setting allows scholarships to display when creating a review pool that have not yet passed their deadline. The number set here will specify the number of days prior to the scholarship's deadline that it will begin to display on the list when creating the review pool.
- Allow Award Approvals: This setting allows the user to add an additional checkpoint when awarding and notifying students in the Manage Awardssection.
- If YES: When creating a new scholarship, via the Scholarship Builder page, the Allow Award Approvals setting will generate to give the user an option to add an additional checkpoint.
- If NO: When creating a new scholarship, via the Scholarship Builder page, the Allow Award Approvals setting will be hidden, removing the option to add the additional checkpoint.
- Allow Nominations: This enables Award Managers to bring in students who were not reviewed during the final round of a review pool and award them scholarship funding.
- Thank You Approval by Default: Determines the default setting for requiring approval of students' Thank You letters before posting their award.
- If YES: When creating a new scholarship, via the Scholarship Builder page, the Approval Required setting will be defaulted to YES, when the user toggles the "Thank You Required" setting to YES.
- If NO: When creating a new scholarship, via the Scholarship Builder page, the Approval Required setting will be defaulted to NO, when the user toggles the "Thank You Required" setting to YES.
Public Scholarship Settings
- Logo: Allows the school to easily update the logo displayed on the Public Scholarships site. To ensure best quality, upload an image with a transparent background.
- Content: Allows the school to easily update the content displayed on the Public Scholarships site.
To save your changes, click Save.