Basic Settings includes the ability to change the general ScholarshipUniverse email sender settings, as well as settings around reviewing and awarding students.
- Student Experience: Scholarships; Internal vs External
- Review and Approve Thank You Letters
- Documents: Letter of Recommendation
- Manage Awards
Settings > Basic
To get to the Basic Settings page, click on the Settings option in the left navigation, then click on the Basic tile.
Here is a preview of the Basic Settings page:
Review Pool Scholarship Within (Days): When creating a review pool, only scholarships past their deadline are shown. This setting allows scholarships to display when creating a review pool that have not yet passed their deadline. The number set here will specify the number of days prior to the scholarship's deadline that it will begin to display on the list when creating the review pool.
Match Question Break Frequency: This setting controls the frequency of how often a student is asked if they would like to continue answering matching questions or review opportunities. The number represents the amount of pages a student completes between break pages.
Default Student Scholarship Sort Order: This setting sets the order in which the student will view their matching scholarships. Sort options:
- Due Date
- Amount: High to Low
- Amount: Low to High
- Alpha: A-Z
- Alpha: Z-A
- School Scholarships First
- External Scholarships First
Enable External Scholarships: This setting allows the user to disable external scholarships so students only see and apply for internal scholarships.
Allow Award Approvals: This setting allows the user to add an additional checkpoint when awarding and notifying students in the Manage Awards section.
- If YES: When creating a new scholarship, via the Scholarship Builder page, the Allow Award Approvals setting will generate to give the user an option to add an additional checkpoint.
- If NO: When creating a new scholarship, via the Scholarship Builder page, the Allow Award Approvals setting will be hidden, removing the option to add the additional checkpoint.
Letter of Rec Request Expiration (Days): This setting controls the number of days a letter of recommendation may be submitted after its request date. If the given deadline is beyond the set number of days, the request will not expire until the deadline.
Allow Nominations: This enables Award Managers to bring in students who were not reviewed during the final round of a review pool and award them scholarship funding.
- If YES: The Nominate feature will be enabled when adding or editing Award Views.
- If NO: The Nominate feature will be disabled when adding or editing Award Views.
Thank You Approval by Default: Determines the default setting for requiring approval of students' Thank You letters before posting their award.
- If YES: When creating a new scholarship, via the Scholarship Builder page, the Approval Required setting will be defaulted to YES, when the user toggles the "Thank You Required" setting to YES.
- If NO: When creating a new scholarship, via the Scholarship Builder page, the Approval Required setting will be defaulted to NO, when the user toggles the "Thank You Required" setting to YES.
To save your changes, click Save.
Troubleshooting and FAQs
[Links to related FAQ documents]