The Committees page contains an import feature to allow you to manage committee groups in quick, bulk actions.
The import feature allows you take the following actions:
- Create a new Committee
- Edit the information of an existing Committee
- Toggle the active status on existing Committees
User Import File Specifications
The bulk user import process uses a CSV file with the following fields and requirements:
- Active - used to determine whether the committee group is active or inactive; acceptable values include:
- Y = yes/active
- N = no/inactive
* Name and Description are the only required values. Organization is also required if wanting to add a Department. If Active is null, defaults to Yes/Active.
Please note the following requirements for the import file:
- The user import file requires the headers given above for any situation, in the same format and in the order listed
- If your Description includes commas, you will need to wrap the Description value in quotations (" ") to retain the CSV format
- If an exact match of the Committee name is found, the import will update the existing Committee record, including whether it is active/inactive
- Else if an exact match is not found for an existing Committee, you import will create a new Committee record
- If an exact match for the Organization and/or Department is not found, the record will error
Using the Import Feature
This section will walk you through the import process. The import feature will validate your file and alert you to any errors before you decide to commit to the changes.
- In the Manage Committees page, click on the Import Committees button.
- The Committee Import modal will appear, where you must select a CSV file to import.
- After selecting a file, the import process will begin validating the file before taking action. The results of the validation will appear within the modal:
- Number of records to be added (new committees)
- Number of records to be updated (existing committees)
- Number of records with error
- if errors are found, a list will be generated to quickly identify the issue and what row it is found in the import file
- If you wish to export a CSV file of the records with errors, click on Export Error Results
- If you have no errors and you are ready to commit the changes, click Submit. If you have errors, you can still Submit to commit all records ready to add or update, but errors won't be included in the commit.
Manage Committees: https://campuslogicinc.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000783115-manage-committees