Manage Committees contains an import feature to allow you to manage committee members in quick, bulk actions.
User Import File Specifications
The bulk user import process uses a CSV file with the following fields and requirements:
- Action Type:
- A = Add (add/reactivate)
- R = Remove (deactivate)
* All fields are required values.
Please note the following requirements for the import file:
- The user import file requires the headers given above for any situation, in the same format and in the order listed
- The UserName must be an exact match to an existing, active user who has the Admin, Review Manager, or Reviewer role already assigned within ScholarshipUniverse
- The Committee must be an exact match to an existing committee
- Like the management through the interface, removing a member only deactivates them; a member can never be removed once added
- You can use multiple rows for the same user to make multiple edits, but you cannot add/remove a user for multiple committees within the same row (i.e. adding a member to two separate committees in one row); instead, you must have a separate row to edit for one committee and another row for the other committee
Using the Import Feature
This section will walk you through the import process. The import feature will validate your file and alert you to any errors before you decide to commit to the changes.
- In the Manage Committees page, click on the Import Members button.
- The Committee Members Import modal will appear, where you must select a CSV file to import.
- After selecting a file, the import process will begin validating the file before taking action. The results of the validation will appear within the modal:
- Number of records to be added (new members)
- Number of records to be updated (existing members)
- Number of records with error
- If you wish to export a CSV file of the records with errors, click on Export Error Results
- If you have no errors and you are ready to commit the changes, click Submit. If you have errors, you can still Submit to commit all records ready to add or update, but errors won't be included in the commit.