The Organizations page contains an import feature to allow you to manage organization/department members in quick, bulk actions.
User Import File Specifications
The bulk user import process uses a CSV file with the following fields and requirements:
- A = Add
- R = Remove
* UserName, Organization and Action Type are all required values. Department is also required if wanting to add/remove members from a department.
Please note the following requirements for the import file:
- The user import file requires the headers given above for any situation, in the same format and in the order listed
- The UserName must be an exact match to an existing, active user already assigned a role within ScholarshipUniverse
- The Organization and/or Department must be an exact match to an existing organization/department
- You can use multiple rows for the same user to make multiple edits, but you cannot add/remove a user for multiple organizations/departments within the same row (i.e. adding a member to two separate organizations in one row); instead, you must have a separate row to edit for one organization and another row for the other organization
Using the Import Feature
This section will walk you through the import process. The import feature will validate your file and alert you to any errors before you decide to commit to the changes.
- In the Organizations page, click on the Import Members button.
- The Organization/Dept Members Import modal will appear, where you must select a CSV file to import.
- After selecting a file, the import process will begin validating the file before taking action. The results of the validation will appear within the modal:
- Number of records to be added (new users to an org/dept)
- Number of records to be updated (existing members in an org/dept)
- Number of records with error
- if errors are found, a list will be generated to quickly identify the issue and what row it is found in the import file
- If you wish to export a CSV file of the records with errors, click on Export Error Results
- If you have no errors and you are ready to commit the changes, click Submit. If you have errors, you can still Submit to commit all records ready to add or update, but errors won't be included in the commit.