Institutions that do not utilize Single Sign-On (SSO), a process that automatically signs a student in by passing credentials from the school portal, can still allow students to create an account via Direct Sign-On (DSO), where students must enter their username and password at the login page each time they wish to access the application. This process must require the school to import a list of eligible students who can create an account. Students who have already created an account in StudentForms already have access to the site using the same credentials and do not need to be included in the import file.
The import file includes the required fields Student ID, First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth and optionally the Email Address. Each record must contain either the Date of Birth or the Email Address for the student. The import file will create a temporary student record that will be used to match information against when a student creates an account. The following scenarios will allow account creation:
- if the temporary student record has the Date of Birth and the Email Address, both must match when creating an account
- if the temporary student record has the Date of Birth but not the Email Address, the Date of Birth must match and the student may enter their preferred email address
- if the temporary student record has the Email Address but not the Date of Birth, the Email Address must match and the student may enter their date of birth
User Import File Specifications
The bulk user import process uses a CSV vertical file with the following fields:
- Delete - Y to remove; N or null will no remove; this is an optional field (see section below)
* SchoolId is always required; each record must have either the DateOfBirth or EmailAddress; if the EmailAddress cannot be provided for the import file, DateOfBirth is required for every record
This example below is of a file that includes the EmailAddress column. You can see that as long as they have the DateOfBirth or EmailAddress, the temporary record can be created.
This example below is of a file that excludes the EmailAddress column. Without EmailAddress, every record has DateOfBirth required to create the temporary record.
Please note the following requirements for the import file:
- The user import file requires the headers given above for any situation, in the same format and in the order listed
- If an existing Student ID is not found in the application, the temporary student record will be created
- Else an existing Student ID is found in the application and will update that temporary record with the new name, date or birth and email address
Removing Verified Students
If you wish to remove a verified student record, you can import the file with the optional "Delete" column. For every record found with a value of "Y", the verified student record is removed from the application.
This import will not remove students who meet any of the following criteria:
- already have a ScholarshipUniverse account
- have at least one award record (whether or not the award was revoked)
- have been been promoted for a direct award
Using the Import Feature
This section will walk you through the import process. The import feature will commit your changes and alert you to any errors.
The following instructions will guide you through the data field mapping process. If you have an Admin role assigned to you, you'll find access to Platform Management in your profile drop down located on the top right of each application.
- Click on the Profile Drop Down on the top right corner
- Select Platform Management
- Using the left navigation menu, select Integration
- Select the File Imports tile
- On the File Imports page, click on the Upload button
- Select the File Type as Verified Students Data
- Select your CSV file and click Upload to begin import process
After the file has been processed, you will receive a summary of the file success, including the number of Records successfully committed and the Errors found.
If you would like details on the Errors found, click on the number link to open the Errors modal, which will give you information on which row in your file had the conflicting data and a message to describe the issue. This will hopefully help troubleshoot any issues.