This tab, embedded in the scholarship builder, will display all students that are being considered for the scholarship. For scholarships that require an application, this gives the Scholarship Manager insight on how popular the scholarship is and helps them manage the amount of applicants they are getting. For Direct Award scholarships, this tab will display the students (up to 5,000) that have automatically matched to the acceptance criteria. Administrators and Scholarship Managers have access to this tab.
Some helpful links when reviewing the Candidates page:
Plan > Scholarship > Edit > Candidates tab
View of Candidates tab of a scholarship with an Application
View of Candidates tab of a Direct Award scholarship
+ For scholarships with internal applications only
++ For scholarships that are Direct Awards only
- Student ID: Displays student's ID.
- Name: Name of the Candidate.
- Candidate Type: Defines the method in which the student became a candidate.
- Applicant: The candidate completed an application to be considered for the scholarship.
- Auto-Assigned: The candidate was auto-matched to the scholarship.
- Manual Nominee: The candidate was manually selected to be considered for the scholarship.
- Import: The student was inserted in the candidate pool through and imported document.
- Renewal: The student was a renewal from the previous scholarship version.
- Created: The date that the candidate was added to the the Candidates pool.
- Matching: This column provides an Icon to indicate whether or not the students answered questions are currently matching to the scholarships matching criteria.
- When clicking the icon,/, the system generates a modal so that the user can see what questions that the student is matching or not matching to.
- Note: Students can unmatch with scholarships after they have completed an application by returning to the question on their student portal and removing/changing the answer(s).
- Comments: School users can add comments for each student by clicking the chat icon; if a comment appears, it will include the name of the last user to edit a comment and the data and time when they did
- Note: Users can add a comment up to 250 characters long
- Note: Editing a comment will override the original comment; multiple comments are not saved
- +View Application: This link pulls up the students completed application.
- + Reject: This column gives the Scholarship Manager an option to reject applicants prior to the review stage.
- + Recycle: This column gives the Scholarship Manager an option to rescind the rejection performed for that student prior to the review stage.
- ++ Award: This column allows the user to manually select candidates that they wish to award funds to. This iconwill enable the user to view the candidate in the Awards tab to present the opportunity to award the student funding.
- For Direct Award scholarships, the user has an option to re-run the Auto-Match engine to add new candidates or remove candidates that no longer match with the matching criteria.
- The Auto-match will pull in up to 5,000 candidates that match with this scholarship. It is possible to manually add more candidates using through the Student Profile or the Award View tab.
- The last update for the Auto-Match run will be shown below the Re-Run Auto-Match button
- If the Auto-match has reached the 5,000 candidate limit it will display this message to inform the user:
- See Application VS Direct Awards for more details.
- Awarding Criteria: This is a dynamic link that displays the awarding criteria in a pop-up modal that was inputted in the Scholarship > Matching tab tab. If nothing was entered in this text box, this link will be hidden.
- Donor Specification: This is a dynamic link that displays the donor specification in a pop-up modal that was inputted in the Scholarship > Scholarship Builder tab. If nothing was entered in this text box, this link will be hidden.
- The grid has tools on this page to determine if they want to continue renewing the scholarship for the student. They can add columns to this grid to help evaluate the students by clicking the add column button at the top of the grid.
- Question: The user can choose a question that the student would have answered to see what their response was (EX. What was your cumulative GPA). Then they can choose the best candidates to renew if the scholarship needs to be reevaluated.
- SIS: The user can choose a data field from the Student Information System (SIS) to evaluate the awarded students to see if they still meet the criteria to be renewed for the scholarship (EX. EFC must be lower than XX).
- The Administrator/Scholarship Manager can export this grid by clicking the export button at the top of the grid. This will create an excel document with all of the data fields and data in the grid.
- SmartRank: User can edit/add new SmartRank to this grid. See SmartRank for more details.
Institutions have the ability to hide sensitive SIS data from groups of users on this page. Medium Sensitive Data Managers will have the right to view SIS data and any mapped answers that are flagged as Medium sensitivity. High Sensitive Data Managers will have the right to view SIS data and any mapped answers that are flagged as High sensitivity. Please note that High Sensitivity does not have the right to view Medium sensitive SIS data/mapped answers. If user needs access to both groups, they should be assigned both roles. All ScholarshipUniverse roles have the ability to view Low sensitive SIS data/mapped answers.
- SIS fields are hidden in the custom column manager for any user who does not have the sensitivity level for it
- Questions are hidden in the custom column manager if mapped to a SIS data field that a user does
- Any SIS column brought in from SmartRank will have answers masked with a "***" if the user does not have the sensitivity level for it
- Any question column brought in from SmartRank will have answers masked with a "***" if it is mapped to a SIS data field that a user does