The purpose of the Private Launch is to complete a User Acceptance Test where a single student at your school (we recommend a Student Worker within the Financial Aid Office) creates an account, builds a Scholar Page, and receives a gift. Then, we will verify that gifts are successfully being processed through the site and ensure your finance colleagues are prepared to reconcile and distribute SponsoredScholar money.
- Configure Basic Settings
- Social Media
- Gallery Page
- Upload Majors & Colleges
- Configure Campaign Cap Window
- Configure Payment Account
- Project Sponsor
- Student Worker
- Finance Lead
1. Select Student to Participate in Private Launch
We recommend selecting a student who meets the following criteria:
- A Student Worker within the Financial Aid Office
- Has an existing bill
- Willing to fundraise for their bill
- Available to attend a one-hour Private Launch Meeting
2. Student Creates Scholar Page During Private Launch Meeting
During the Private Launch Meeting, the Student will perform the following activities:
- Sign up for SponsoredScholar through the school's Enrollment Portal
- Go through onboarding wizard and launch the campaign
- Enter Bill Amount and Student ID
- [Optional] Student is able to fundraise using SponsoredScholar by sharing the page with theor community
3. Gift Made to Scholar Page During Private Launch Meeting
Once the Scholar Page is created and published, the Customer Success Manager (CSM) will make a gift through the Scholar Page to confirm the payments integration has been set up properly. The CSM will perform the following activities:
- CSM makes a gift to the student's Scholar Page
- CSM confirms a successful gift transaction was made by viewing the Scholar Report
- CSM confirms all data has been properly mapped to the Scholar Report
4. Verify Funds Flow Process Post Private Launch Meeting
Once the successful gift has been made, the Finance Lead can confirm that the funds have been deposited into the school's bank account. Funds are either deposited daily or weekly, which was configured by the Finance Lead during the Site Setup phase.
5. Post Funds to Student Account
The Finance Lead then posts the funds to the student's account so the student can apply the funds towards his or her bill.
Once the funds have been posted to the student's account, then the Private Launch is complete.