The Donors page contains an import feature to allow you to add donor users in quick, bulk actions.
The import feature allows you take the following actions:
- Create a new Donor user
- Edit the information of an existing Donor user (to an extent)
Donor User Import File Specifications
The bulk user import process uses a CSV file with the following fields and requirements:
- DonorName - donor group the user is being added to or edited
- Relationship - an internal note about donor user; is optional
- Role - defining the role of the donor; the following roles are allowable:
* DonorName, FirstName, LastName, Email, and Role are the required fields. A null/blank Role value will default to Viewer role.
Please note the following requirements for the import file:
- The user import file requires the headers given above for any situation, in the same format
- If an existing user with the Email exists, your import will make edits to the existing record
- Once a user has created an account, any change to FirstName and LastName will be ignored by the import
- If any of the following fields includes commas in their value, you will need to wrap the value in quotations (" ") to retain the CSV format
Using the Import Feature
This section will walk you through the import process. The import feature will validate your file and alert you to any errors before you decide to commit to the changes.
- In the Donors page, click on the Import Users button.
- The Donors Users modal will appear, where you must select a CSV file to import.
- After selecting a file, the import process will begin validating the file before taking action. The results of the validation will appear within the modal:
- Number of records to be added (New Accounts)
- Number of records to be updated (for edits)
- Number of records with error
- if errors are found, a list will be generated to quickly identify the issue and what row it is found in the import file
- If you wish to export a CSV file of the records with errors, click on Export Error Results
- If you have no errors and you are ready to commit the changes, click Submit. If you have errors, you can still Submit to commit all records ready to add or update, but errors won't be included in the commit.