This section covers the look and feel of the avatar, along with personalizing the greeting card displayed when a conversation begins.
Admin users can adjust the following settings:
- Avatar: upload a selected image to represent the VirtualAdvisor avatar
- Note: Image must be in png or jpeg format and cannot exceed 5mb in size
- Avatar Background: a hex value to select a background color to support any avatar image that has a transparent background
- Avatar Name: the avatar name that is introduced in the conversation
- Conversation Duration (Minutes): sets the number of minutes before a conversation ends after the student's last response
- Note: It must be at least 1 minute in duration, up to 20 minutes
- VirtualAdvisor Greeting Header: manage the upper, large bold text found in the greeting card
- VirtualAdvisor Greeting Body: manage the lower, smaller unbold text found in the greeting card
This section covers the accessibility of the VirtualAdvisor chat within the CampusLogic products and how it can be accessed outside of these applications.
The VirtualAdvisor Embed Code is the code snippet that your institution can plug into any web page you wish to feature the chat function. Please note that these pages need to be whitelisted by CampusLogic - you can reach out to your Custom Success Manager to ensure this occurs.
The VirtualAdvisor Whitelist Domains allows institutions to manually manage which domains have a connection to VirtualAdvisor. By entering the domain (i.e. campuslogic.com) the embed will allow VirtualAdvisor to connect and be available to users. Any domain where the VirtualAdvisor chat is embedded must be whitelisted. Please note that it can take up to 15 minutes before VirtualAdvisor will be ready on any new domain entered.
For chat over SMS text messaging, the Phone Number provided is the number you can share with students who wish to chat via text messaging.
Admin users can manage the chat feature in any of the available products the institution has purchased.
- Please note that the CampusCommunicator switch is a master switch for all templates. To manage which individual templates should display the chat feature, please contact your Custom Success Manager.
Enable Content Approvals is an additional step in your workflow when adding and editing content. When enabled, as new responses are created and edits are made to others, training these updates will push all of the new/edited content to the Approval tab in the Manage Content page. All items must be approved before you can Publish content. Otherwise when the setting is disabled all new/edited content will be queued for publishing once the updates have been trained and do not require approval to publish.
This section covers the management of generic messages VirtualAdvisor will send back to a student if a response with a tag cannot be generated. An example may be that the student asked about their GPA, but the institution has not provided a GPA value for that student through the SIS Data Import, so as a backup VirtualAdvisor will give out the generic message given in the "Sorry, this information is not available at this time" field.
Admin users can adjust the following generic responses in case the normal response found does not have the tag available:
- Client Setting Value Missing: this message is in case a client setting is not found in a response; this should be very rare in cases where information from another product cannot be found and is used as a backup
- Institution Data Field Missing: this message is in case an institutional field value has not been defined for a tag - for more information please review the Institution Data Fields article
- SIS Data Field Missing: this message is in case a SIS data field value is not found for a student; this will occur when a student has not had any SIS data imported for that particular value for the award year selected (see below)
Admin users can also manage the SIS Data Field Award Year, which controls which award year SIS data will be found and used in a response. Much information can change from year to year (i.e. Grade Level, Degree Level, etc), so institutions can select which year to use information from and update when needed.
Advisor Intervention Responses Section
This section covers the management of generic messages given to users as they request and wait in queue for handoff from VirtualAdvisor to a school advisor.
Advisor Waiting Period is an adjustable setting by minutes to manage how often VirtualAdvisor will check in with the user when they are currently waiting in queue. Until the user is connected to an advisor, or all advisors become unavailable, the "Continue Waiting" message will continue to be sent.
Escalation - Number of Consecutive No Responses is a setting to adjust the amount of consecutive missed attempts VirtualAdvisor has before determining if student should speak to an advisor. Every time VirtualAdvisor does answer the student, it resets this count - once the number of No Response messages is hit, VirtualAdvisor will try to steer the student to speak to an advisor.
Admin users can adjust the following generic responses for the queue flow:
- No Advisors Online: this message is given if there are not any available advisors to chat with. Please note that this does review Category permissions, so VirtualAdvisor is only looking for advisors that are assigned to the category last found in the conversation.
- Waiting for Advisor: this message is given when at least one advisor with category permissions is found and will place the user in queue
- Advisors No Longer Available: this message is given when the user has been put in queue, but all available advisors have made themselves unavailable.
- Continue Waiting: this message is given to users to as a notification that they are still in queue. The frequency of this message is controlled by the Advisor Waiting Period setting.
- No Advisors Online - Mental Health: this message is given if there are not any available advisors with the Mental Health category permission to chat with.
- Speak to a Live Advisor? - Mental Health: this message is given when a user enters a triggering response regarding possible self harm.
- Contact Info - Mental Health: this message is given if the user declines to speak to a Mental Health advisor if one is available.
- Advisor No Longer Online - Mental Health: this message is given when the user has been put in queue, but all available Mental Health advisors have made themselves unavailable.
- No Response - No Advisors Online: this message is given if VirtualAdvisor is unsuccessful answering consecutive questions (managed by Escalation - Number of Consecutive No Responses) and there are no advisors online to transfer to
- No Response - Speak to a Live Advisor?: this message is given if VirtualAdvisor is unsuccessful answering consecutive questions (managed by Escalation - Number of Consecutive No Responses) and there is at least one advisor online assigned to the conversation category
- No Response - School Contact Info: this message is given if VirtualAdvisor is unsuccessful answering consecutive questions (managed by Escalation - Number of Consecutive No Responses) and there is at least one advisor online assigned to the conversation category, but the student chooses not to be placed into advisor queue