Live Conversation Feed
The conversations found on this page are all open conversations currently taking place, whether through a CampusLogic application such as StudentForms or through an embedded chat placed on institutional pages. This grid continuously refreshes to show the most recent interactions from students, displaying the records in order of newest to oldest interaction (ordered and displayed in the Last Post column). By default the grid will refresh every 10 seconds to keep the updates going, but can be managed by the Refresh Rate drop down, or even paused if needed.
Please note that conversations will drop off this grid once they have reached the set duration of inactivity and are no longer considered live conversations. Refer to the Basic Settings page on how to manage the duration limit.
- Use the Refresh Rate drop down above the grid to adjust the frequency of the grid refresh. It can be sped up to 5 seconds, or delayed by intervals up to 2 minutes.
- Click the Pause Feed button if needing to pause the refresh rate indefinitely
- When feed is paused, click on the Resume Feed button to continue allowing the grid to refresh
- Note: updating the Refresh Rate or using the Pause Feed functionality does not effect other users
- Click the Show Advance Filters link to view more filters to narrow down conversations
Exclude Records with No Messages is enabled by default to not pull any conversations where the student opened VirtualAdvisor but did not start a conversation. Disable Exclude Records with No Messages to see any records where the student opened the chat modal but did not begin a conversation.
For advisors who wish to be available for students to live chat, they can enable the Available for Live Chat switch above the tab selection. With at least one advisor available, VirtualAdvisor can open a queue for users who may request to speak to a live person during their conversation.
Please note that the Available for Live Chat switch will automatically be turned off if an advisor logs out or reaches a session timeout. For manual log outs, the switch will typically be turned off within a couple of minutes. For users who reach a session timeout (i.e. walk away from their computer indefinitely), the switch may take up to 15 minutes to automatically switch off.
Please note the viewability of records is based on the categories a user is assigned to and the Last Category identified in the conversation. Some conversations may jump in and out of a user's visibility if the student is driving the conversation different directions and VirtualAdvisor is constantly updating to a different category. Refer to the Category Permissions article for more information about assigning category permissions to a user.
Users may search and filter by the following fields:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Student ID
- Sentiment multiple levels of happiness may be selected; leaving this field blank will search across all levels and unknown level of happiness
- Product: search for conversations that originated from within the selected CampusLogic product; not selecting a specific product will search across all products and include institutional embed chats and SMS chats
- Last Category: multiple categories may be selected; this filters down to the last known category associated to a conversation
- Source: search for conversations by a specific channel, such as web chat or SMS