ScholarshipUniverse offers a variety of flows that an award can travel, depending on where you begin awarding and the settings given on a per scholarship basis. This article will detail the possible flows of a student award.
Where Does Awarding Begin?
There are two places where an institutional user may begin awarding a student. The Award View page can be used to begin awarding applicants, auto-match candidates, or nominees for any type of scholarship while it is in awarding status. For scholarships using the application method "No Application - Direct Award" or "Internal Application with Continuous Awarding", institutional users may promote (select) students from the Scholarship > Candidates tab to create an award record of $0 which can then be awarded an amount in the Scholarship > Award tab. Please note that students who match to scholarships using application method "No Application - Direct Award" can also be promoted from within the Awards tab of the Student Profile.
What Factors Affect the Awards Flow?
The awards flow differs from scholarship to scholarship based on the setup managed within each scholarship. The following scholarship fields impact the award flow:
- Award Approval Required: this setting controls whether or not an award must go through a primary approval process, queued in the Manage Awards > Approvaltab
- if Approved, the award will move onto the Manage Awards > Notify Awards tab where notifications are sent out and deadlines for student actions managed
- else the award is Denied, updating the award to $0 and deactivating the record
- Acceptance Required: this setting controls whether or not a student must Accept/Decline an award before it will be posted
- if Accepted, the student moves on to complete a thank you letter, if required; or if a thank you is not required, updates the award to Ready to Post
- else the award is Declined, updating the award to $0 and deactivating the record
- Thank You Required: this setting controls whether or not a student must complete a Thank You Letter before the award will be posted
- Approval Required: if a Thank You is required, this setting will control whether or not the thank you letters will require institutional approval; Thank You letters will be queued in Thank You Approval queue
- if Approved, the award is updated to Ready to Post
- else the Thank You is declined, and re-opened to the student to submit
Event notifications can be generated throughout the award flow as part of your SIS integration setup. The following events can be triggered when enabled:
- 701 - Scholarship Award Posted: The award has reached the end of the flow and has been manually posted or triggered to Post via CL Connect
- 702 - Scholarship Award Pending: An award amount has been given to a student, or an award requiring primary approval has been approved; the award is now queued in the Manage Awards > Notify Awards tab
- 703 - Scholarship Award Offered: The award has been notified to the student from the Manage Award > Notify Awards tab; if the student is not required to take any action, the award status will automatically jump to Ready to Post
- 704 - Scholarship Award Ready to Post: All student actions, if required, have been completed/waived and the award is in the Post > Ready to Post tab queued to be posted
- 705 - Scholarship Award Declined: The student has declined the award, updating the amount $0
- 706 - Scholarship Award Removed: The award was either denied in the Manage Awards > Approve tab, removed from the Manage Awards > Notify Awards tab, removed from the Manage Awards > Pending Student Action tab, or manually adjusted the total amount to $0
- 707 - Scholarship Award Promoted: The student was promoted to generate a $0 award record from either the Scholarship > Candidates tab or the Student Profile > Awards tab, where an award can now be given in the Scholarship > Award tab
- 708 - Scholarship Award Pending Approval: An award amount has been given to a student and the award is queued for primary approval in the Manage Awards > Notify Awards tab