Categories are used to index which groups a response belongs to (i.e. responses relating to the FAFSA belong to the FAFSA category group). By default all global responses are assigned to a global category created by CampusLogic. Institutional users can create custom categories broaden/narrow down categories for grouping.
By default the Categories page displays all global categories. These are categories already used to group global questions/responses. These cannot be edited or deactivated, but Admin users can manage custom categories only available to their institution.
The Categories page contains an Active and Inactive tab. All categories found in the Active tab are currently available to assign to custom questions/responses or change category for global content overrides. The Categories grid contains the Category Name, Type, Edit, and Deactivate/Reactivate columns. Please note the following:
- For the Type column, a world icon is used to represent global categories and an institution icon is used to represent custom school categories.
- Edit will open a modal to update the name of the category. This is only allowed for custom categories - global categories will have the edit disabled.
- Deactivate appears in the Active tab - this will move the category to the Inactive tab and is not available to select when managing global override/custom content. Only custom categories can be deactivated. If a category is currently being used and a user wishes to deactivate it, it will require all custom question/responses using the category to be reassigned via the Manage Content page.
- Reactivate appears in the Inactive tab - this will move the category back to the Active tab and begin to be available to select when managing global override/custom content.
- Click on the Add button to add a new category
- Enter a name for the new category and click Confirm to create the category