CampusLogic contains two specific types of student levels used to help institutions manage access and participation in the various products. The student account is the highest level, created by a student through any of the student facing products (StudentForms, ScholarshipUniverse, or StudentAdvisor). Having an account means the student can login to any of the products that the institution is currently using. A verified student record acts as a proxy for students who have not yet created an account - institutions can load these students and take certain actions for them before they create an account, such as awarding them through ScholarshipUniverse. Once a student has created an account, the existing verified student record will be merged into the account.
Verified Student Records
Verified student records serve many purposes:
- Verified student records manage who is allowed to create an account through the DSO process.
- Verified student records work as a stand-in for students who have yet to create an account.
- Verified student records can manage which students (with or without an account) are allowed to participate in certain features; this includes:
- allowed to be included in any auto-match results for direct award scholarships in ScholarshipUniverse
- allowed to be awarded scholarship funding in ScholarshipUniverse
- allowed to be included in any outreach notifications in StudentAdvisor
- NOTE: allowing the management of these records gives institutions the control to disassociate students who may have previously created an account and are no longer attending the institution
DSO institutions must generate verified student records in order for students to create accounts by matching to the key identifiers given in the records. This prevents any person not associated to the institution from creating an anonymous account and having access to features within a product. Institutions need to manage a process to ensure new students are having a verified record created so that they may create their account and access CampusLogic products. A verified student record can be generated one of two ways:
- imported via the Verified Students import
- imported via the School SIS Data import
- the advantage of using the School SIS Data import is that if an institution is utilizing SIS data for ScholarshipUniverse and/or StudentAdvisor there isn't a need to run both imports
An institution can take advantage of verified students by using them as proxies before the student creates an account. For example, in ScholarshipUniverse the SIS data can be used to auto-answer student questions, which in turn allows them to be included in the auto-match roster for direct award scholarships. Students can also be awarded, but if the scholarship requires acceptance and/or a thank you letter the student will need to create an account in order to complete the action. In StudentAdvisor, verified students can be found and included in Outreach notifications.
To review and manage verified student records, Admin users can access the roster from PlatformManagement > General > Verified Students. There they can make updates to a record before the student creates an account and they can deactivate/re-activate the record.
Managing Activation Status
When a student creates an account the verified student record is merged into the account, but still has some functionality outside of the account control. Most notably is the inclusion of the auto-match functionality in ScholarshipUniverse and the outreach notifications in StudentAdvisor.
Verified student status and account status are mutually exclusive. Where the student account level manages a student's access to CampusLogic products, verified student record manages certain functions that a student may be a part of (with or without an account).