A school user can search for a student from anywhere in the application. The Search Students field is located in the top header banner, next to the application switcher and profile dropdown.
When using the search function, users can run a search a variety of ways. Taking the following example:
Michael Macias, Social Security Number = 111559999, Student ID = STU123
Users can search by:
- first name only - this can be a partial or whole search, like "michael" of "mic"
- last name only - this can be a partial or whole search, like "macias" or "maci"
- first and last name - this can be partial or whole search, like "michael macias" or "mic mac"
- student ID - this must be the whole ID (partial matches will not be found), using "STU123"
- Please Note: Student ID searches can only be performed after the either the student has created their account and have given their ID as part of the process, or the school has generated a verified student record with an ID before the student has created their account
- social security number - this must be whole SSN OR the last four digits, using "111559999" OR "9999"
- enter search criteria into the search field on the top banner
- hit Enter or click the search (magnify glass) icon to execute search
- alternatively, click the search (magnify glass) icon without any criteria to automatically navigate to the Student Search page
Student Search Page
The same search rules apply to the First Name, Last Name, Student ID, and Social Security Number fields as they do to the top banner. Additional filters include User Account and Student Type. User Account can filter by users that have an account, don't have an account, or all by default. Student Type refers to students who have a federal ISIR (Federal ISIR), CAL Dream ISIR (DREAM Application), or neither (Non-ISIR Student).
The search results grid contains the Student ID, First Name, Last Name, last four of the SSN, and indicator of whether or not the student has a user account, and view button to open the student profile modal.
- click the View (binoculars) icon to open the select student profile modal