A school user can search for a student from anywhere in the application. The Search Students field is located in the top header banner, next to the application switcher and profile dropdown.
When using the search function, users can run a search a variety of ways. Taking the following example:
Michael Macias, Social Security Number = 111559999, Student ID = STU123
Users can search by:
- first name only - this can be a partial or whole search, like "michael" of "mic"
- last name only - this can be a partial or whole search, like "macias" or "maci"
- first and last name - this can be partial or whole search, like "michael macias" or "mic mac"
- student ID - this must be the whole ID (partial matches will not be found), using "STU123"
- Please Note: Student ID searches can only be performed after the either the student has created their account and have given their ID as part of the process, or the school has generated a verified student record with an ID before the student has created their account
- social security number - this must be whole SSN OR the last four digits, using "111559999" OR "9999"
- enter search criteria into the search field on the top banner
- hit Enter or click the search (magnify glass) icon to execute search
- alternatively, click the search (magnify glass) icon without any criteria to automatically navigate to the Student Search page
Student Search Page