After an ISIR transaction (Verification, PJ Dependency Override, and PJ EFC) has file review completed and requires an ISIR correction, the transaction is updated to "Processing corrections" status. At the same time an ISIR correction record is automatically queued to be batched when the school is ready to process the next round of correction files. The transaction will remain in "Processing corrections" as it anticipates a subsequent ISIR to come in with the expected values from the correction file.
- If all anticipated corrections were received and there were no unexpected changes to the ISIR, the transaction updates to "Verified" status
- If there are unexpected corrections on the subsequent ISIR, the file will appear in the file review workflow for the school user to review the unexpected corrections
- The school user can determine if additional documentation or action is required by the student and request the new documents and the transaction updates to "Re-collecting documents" status
- If no action is required, the school user can ignore the unexpected changes and complete the review, the transaction updates to "Verified" status
- If additional c codes or verification flags have been generated on the new ISIR, additional tasks are created for the student and the transaction updates to "Re-collecting documents" status
Institutions can either integrate with CL Connect to automatically pick up correction files on a timed basis, or are welcome to manually download batched files from within StudentForms. Institutes then send the correction files for processing through either EDConnect or TDClient.
Users with the Admin role can download ISIR corrections and review historical batched files under ISIRs > ISIR Corrections.
Batch Download ISIR Correction Records
Institution users that wish to manually batch download ISIR corrections into a file to be sent through EDConnect can do so on the ISIR Corrections page.
If your school has integrations through CLConnect for ISIR corrections, all ISIR corrections are batched daily to the CLConnect ISIR corrections folder on your network. You may need to request access to this folder if you transmit ISIR corrections from StudentForms through EDConnect.
On the ISIR correction page the view defaults to the latest open aid year and displays all current unbatched records ready to be downloaded. The review grid contains the date and time that the correction record was created (which should be the same time the student's transaction completed file review), the student's first and last name, the batch size, and who reviewed the file. The batch size is dependent on how many corrections are being made - a correction record for a student is formatted to only process up to 12 corrections before a second record is created to continue generating the corrections.
An admin may select as many records as desired to generate a single ISIR correction file. The "Files to Batch" tile at the top right will run a count on the number of unique students selected. Please note that each ISIR correction file can only make corrections for one award year at a time. If multiple records are already selected and a user tries to select a different award year they will be prompted that continuing to the selected year will remove their current selection.
Once at least one record is selected, the "Batch and Download" button will be enabled. Clicking the "Batch and Download" button will then generate an ISIR correction file with the selected student records. The file is downloaded through the user's browser and it ready to be sent for corrections through EDConnect.
- select a student corrections record to begin building an ISIR Correction file
- alternatively, checking the top check box will apply a select all
- click the Batch and Download button to generate the ISIR Correction file with the selected student(s)
The file is downloaded onto the user's computer. The location varies depending on the browser and computer setup.
After the file has been downloaded, the admin must save the file to the school's network using the naming convention CORRXXIN (xx is the trailing award year, 2022-2023 would be 23, 2023-2024 would be 24), and upload the correction file to either EDConnect or TDClient following their normal process for corrections.
Review Historical Batch Files
The ISIR Corrections page contains a historical list of ISIR Correction files that have been batched and assumed to have been sent out to process corrections.
- click on the View Prior Batches button to open the Previous Batches modal
The Previous Batches modal contains a historical list of ISIR correction batch files that have been generated, either manually or through automation with CL Connect. The grid contains the date and time of each batch generation, the number of students, for which award year, and who generated the batch file.
- click the Download icon to re-download an existing ISIR correction batch file
Transmitting Files Through EDConnect
The school administrator must have EDConnect installed on their computer and have their login information for EDConnect. The school administrator may find the user guide for EDConnect here. The EDConnect application may be downloaded from the FSA Knowledge Center here.
- The school administrator logs into EDConnect.
- Navigate to the transmission queue by selecting File →New→Transmission Queue or by selecting the Transmission Queue icon .
- To add your correction file to the transmission queue, select the first blank line in the transmission queue.
Complete each field in the line:
- Message Class - 2021-2022 Corrections - CORR22IN, 2020-2021 Corrections - CORR21IN
- File Name --Correction file downloaded from StudentForms
NOTE: Entering the Message Class first populates the other fields.
Additional information may be found in the EDConnect User Guide Section 5.1.5
Transmission of Corrections
- The school administrator selects Transmission from the main menu bar.
- The school administrator can select to send their transmission now (sends immediately) or later (specified time and date).
Please note: If you receive a message about the file path not being valid, return code 0007 that appears in the error logs in EDConnect, you may need to either add the file path for your CLConnect Corrections Folder to your EDConnect or you may need to save a copy of the correction files into the network drive for your EDConnect files default is C:\IAM\DATA.
EDConnect Error Message
When transmitting correction files through EDconnect and an error message is received. This may indicate that either the file path was not set up correctly or the file name is incorrect.
The school should check that the file name matches the naming convention CORRXXIN (xx is the trailing award year, 21-22 would be 22, 20-21 would be 21).
The school should also check that the file path was set up correctly in EDconnect. The file paths are found in the Directories tab of the User Properties box. If no paths are specified the default is the file name field in the message class table.
For additional instructions on setting up EDconnect please see EDConnect User Guide 8.X.
Rejected Correction Files from CPS
If an ISIR correction is rejected by CPS, the school receives an error message via its TG Mailbox. The two categories of rejections for submitted correction records are:
- Transaction Rejects – A transaction reject prevents the correction record from being applied to the student’s record. If a record is rejected for one or more reasons, the school receives an error report in message class COREXXOP (see EDE Record Level Error Report Import Record layout in the Record Layouts section). No ISIR is created. You may also look at in the processing codes section of the EDE technical reference the table on page 4-44 has the Transaction Reject Error Messages.
- Compute Rejects – The CPS contains a series of edits that evaluate all incoming FAFSA and correction data for consistency and completeness. These edits apply to all data from electronic, web, and paper input. The CPS does not compute an EFC for a correction rejected for a compute reject reason. However, an ISIR is produced. Correction ISIRs with a compute reject are returned in the IGCOXXOP message class. The reasons for the compute reject are coded on the ISIR in Reject Reason Codes field, positions 1408 through 1421. Refer to the Processing Codes section for information on interpreting these reject codes page 4-40.
For additional information about rejected ISIR corrections please see the EDETechnical Reference.