StudentForms allows the school user to view and take actions on the student actionable tasks within a student's account. A school user may upload documents and waive tasks for the student.
Users with the Admin and Limited Admin role may view and take action on the Verification and Appeals transaction types
Users with Generic Transaction Admin role may view and take action on the Other documents transaction type
Users with transaction-specific roles may review and take action on the transaction type they have access to:
- School FAO - Verification
- School PJ User - PJ EFC and PJ DO
- School COA User - COA
- School EFA User - EFA
- School SAP User - SAP
- School Custom Appeal - Custom Appeal
- Helpdesk users only have view only access and are unable to take any action on tasks for students
Viewing Student Tasks
The school user may view a student's tasks by first searching for the student in StudentForms by using the Search box. Once the student is selected, the school user is taken to the Student Profile page.
Select the Transactions tab - this allows the school user to view the transactions opened for the student.
- If there are no transactions opened for the student, the school user may use the Add button to open a transaction.
Click the Review button for the transaction the school user needs to view.
Click the Student View tab- this allows the school user to see the tasks required as part of the transaction.
Click on the Task - this allows the school user to view the steps/documentation required as part of the task.
School users with the roles indicated above have the ability to upload documents on behalf of the student. Helpdesk users only have view only access for tasks and will not see the upload option.
Some documents may be designated as school upload only based on the settings in the school's StudentForms environment. Some examples of school upload only documents are:
- Statement of Educational Purpose
- Certain Citizenship documents
Click the Upload button - the default open file menu should appear based on the device being used. Select the document/file that you want to upload.
Once a file is uploaded, the Document Preview is displayed similar to when a student uploads a document.
Click the Use button to use the uploaded document
Click the Discard button to not use the uploaded document and upload a different document
Once the school user clicks the use button, they are presented with the option to add additional pages to the upload.
Click the +Add Page(s) button to add additional pages to the uploaded document
Click the No button if no additional pages need to be added to the uploaded document
After a document has been uploaded, the school user may do a few things within the task.
- Click the +Add Page(s) button if additional pages need to be uploaded to the document
- Click the Delete (trashcan) button to remove the uploaded document
- Note: using the delete button for documents that have not been submitted to the school will permanently delete the document from StudentForms and the document cannot be recovered.
- Click the Filename link to view the document uploaded
- This also allows the school user to view documents uploaded by the student prior to the document being submitted by the student.
- Click the Submit button to submit the document for document review
- Note: this should only be done by school users if their internal policies and procedures allow the school user to submit documents on the student's behalf.
Viewing Web Forms
School users are prevented from completing webforms on behalf of the student. All school users have view only access into the web forms.
Click the View Form button to open view only access into the web form.
- Note: Students see a Fill Out button instead of a View Form button
School users can navigate through the different sections of the webform and view information in drop downs but they are prevented from entering any information into the webform and from signing the web form.
Click Return to Student Tasks to exit the web form and return to the student task list.
Waiving Student Tasks
School users with the roles indicated above have the ability to waive tasks and individual steps within tasks if the student no longer needs to complete the task or step. Helpdesk users only have view only access for tasks and will not see the waive option.
There are certain instances when a waive option is not available including:
- There is only one step within a task - the waive is only on the task not on the individual step
- Parent E-Sign request - if the parent does not want to e-sign a document, the student must opt out of e-sign and both must sign in the same manner
- The task has already been submitted to the school - the school user would need to re-open the task by either rejecting the document or using the edit button when available.