StudentForms does not recommend that schools accept documents by fax or email for security of PII. The student can upload documents directly into StudentForms either by scanning the document into a computer or by using a device with a digital camera (phone, tablet, web camera, digital camera) to take a picture of the document.
If the school chooses to allow a student to submit a document by fax, email, mail, or in person to the school, the school can upload the document on the student’s behalf. Individuals who have school FAO, school admin, SAP user and PJ user security rights can upload a document for a student within the transaction the user has rights to.
This can be accomplished on the transaction page – Student View tab.
- The school user expands the task requiring the document upload
- Select the "Upload" button
- The school user selects the document to be uploaded
- The document preview screen is opened for the user
- User determines if the document is complete (not blurry, all pages added)
- Select "Use" if document is acceptable, select "Discard" if user wants to upload a different document
- If additional pages are need to be uploaded, select "Add Pages"
Once the document has been uploaded, it is up to the school to determine if their policy will allow the school user to select the "Submit" button for the document and the "Finish" button if all tasks are completed. If the school chooses not to select "Submit" and/or "Finish", the student will receive an outstanding task reminder as long as the school has chosen to use the reminders from StudentForms.
The school has the option to turn "On" the Enable Task Auto Submit setting which will automatically submit a task if all parts of the task are complete . After all tasks are submitted, they also have the option to turn "On" the Enable Transaction Auto Complete setting, which allows the system to automatically submit the entire transaction.