Please note: If you are a student or parent user, STOP and contact the Office of Financial Aid at the student's college/university for assistance. The information below is intended for the Office of Financial Aid users only. It will not provide information for the student or parent user to access their account. If you are a student or parent user and provide feedback, you will receive a response to contact the Office of Financial Aid at the student's college/university.
Direct Sign On (DSO) students and parents who have forgotten their username or password may use the Forgot Username and Forgot Password links on the Secure Login screen.
- Prior to using the links, the student must verify their email address using the link that was emailed after account creation. If the student has not verified their email or the link has expired, a school user can resend the verify email communication from the Communications tab located in the student's profile by clicking the student ID.
- The parent's email is automatically verified once they create an account using the link in the create account email sent when an e-signature is initially requested.
- If a verified email address is changed, the user must re-verify their email address.
Single Sign On (SSO) students use their school portal username and password. These are not maintained by StudentForms and the student will need to contact their school portal help desk for password or username issues. Single Sign On Schools should not see the options pictured below.
Secure Login Screen
If a student or parent has forgotten their username or password, they can use the links on the Secure Login screen.
The user is required to enter the email address that is associated with their account and has been verified for either link.
- If the student does not remember the email address associated with their account, this information is displayed in the Account tab when viewing the student in StudentForms, or on the Communications tab in the student's profile.
- If the parent does not remember the email address associated with their account, this may be viewed in the Parent Users section in the Account tab when viewing the student in StudentForms.
Once the email address has been entered, a message appears letting the user know that the request has been submitted.
The user should receive an email with the following information:
- Forgot Username - the email received contains the username created during account creation.
- Forgot Password - the email contains a link to reset their password. After clicking the link, the user is able to create a new password.
- Please note: The link expires after 20 minutes if not used; however, the Email Token Link Duration can be managed in PlatformMangement under Settings > Platform Communications > PlatformManagement.
If the email is not received:
- Check junk or spam folders for the email. The link in the email may not work if clicked in a junk or spam folder. The student or parent can either move the email to their inbox or copy and paste the link into their browser.
- This can indicate that the same email address may have been used for multiple users.
- For example, prior to July 3rd, 2020, if a parent user has more than one child attending the same university, they were required to create separate parent accounts for each student. These parent accounts may have been created with the same email address.
- If the other users are known, the user or school can update the duplicate email addresses through the settings option on the user with the duplicate email account.
- If the other users are not known, a ticket may be opened to research the other users with the same email address.
- Please note: Parents who currently have multiple accounts for more than one student at the same institution will keep their existing accounts. Any new parent account created can link to multiple students if at the same institution.
- A school user may try to resend the reset password email from the student's or parent's profile General tab in PlatformMangementby:
- Searching for a user in PlatformManagement.
- Student - by clicking the Student ID link on the Student Profile screen.
Parent - by clicking the Profile icon in the Parent Users section when viewing the student's account in Student Forms.
Updating Email Address/Resending Verify Email Link/Resetting Password
The student or parent must verify their email to receive the forgot username or forgot password email.
If the student needs to change the email address on their account, a school user can click on the Student ID on the Student Profile screen. In the Communications tab, update the email address for the student and then click the "Verify" button to resend the verify email communication. Once the new email address has been verified, the student may use the forgot password link on the Secure Login screen.
- Please note: Student and parent email addresses cannot be the same.
A school user with StudentForms admin access may also send the reset password email to the student or parent. The school user can search for the student or the student associated with the parent account. On the Student Profile screen, there is a Parent Users section.
- Parent - the school user would click the "View" icon in the Parent Users section
To search for the student or parent in PlatformManagement, this can be done under General > Search Users by selecting the User Type, then clicking the "Edit" icon.
Once in the Profile screen, there are two tabs displayed. The "Reset Password" icon is on the "General" tab.
In some cases, users may think that they are having to reset their password each time they try to log in. This usually occurs if they are using the incorrect username and receive the invalid username/password message. The user usually resets their password rather than checking if the username is incorrect. If this occurs, the username can be confirmed in the "General" tab.
The "Verify" button is on the Communications tab, in addition to the email address.