This article goes over the event notifications that CL Connect can be configured for and the possible output options.
After Platform Management has subscribed to events to capture and send to CL Connect, it still needs to be configured to be “listening” for those events with the proper action to take when the event data is received.
Step by Step Guide:
1. Login to the CL Connect server and navigate to the landing page.
2. Click on the fist “Clicking here…” link for the Setup CL Connect section.
3. Put a checkmark in the box next to Event Notifications and you will notice all the options below that are now selectable.
Notice each of the sections below Event Notifications are used for different outcomes to have CL Connect act on when those events are triggered and received from Platform Management. Those are explained as a high-level summary for each below.
- Documents: This is used for Document Imaging with StudentForms, 400 level events. This allows institutions to capture and store documents students are submitting to StudentForms on their own system and/or document imaging software. When Documents is selected the File Definitions is usually also selected for an accompanying index file with the document files.
For more information about how to setup Document Imaging with CL Connect, please visit this article: Document Imaging
- Stored Procedure: This option is for a direct connection to the SIS database where a stored procedure would be written for execution when the events are communicated through CL Connect. This is used for SIS updates mainly from StudentForms and ScholarshipUniverse.
For more information about how to setup a Stored Procedure integration with CL Connect, please visit this article: Stored Procedure
Other schools have shared their stored procedures with us. These can be used for a starting point of creating your own:
- Banner Stored Procedure for StudentForms
- Colleague Stored Procedure for StudentForms
- Banner Stored Procedure for ScholarshipUniverse
- File Store: This option is to create a Flat File (CSV or XML) for the SIS to consume. This is usually used for SIS applications that do not have Stored Procedure or API capabilities for updates from StudentForms and/or ScholarshipUniverse. When File Store is selected File Definitions is also selected. File Definitions is used for creating the data output file from CL Connect when the events are triggered.
For more information about how to setup a File Store/Flat File integration with CL Connect, please visit this article: Flat File
- Award Letter Print: This option is used for CampusCommunicator to create PDF copies of the communication that was sent out to students. This configuration does not allow an index file to accompany the PDFs.
For more information about how to setup Award Letter Print with CL Connect, please visit this article: CampusCommunicator Print
- Batch Processing: This option is used for Event Notifications for CampusCommunicator to create PDF copies of the communication that was sent out to students with an index file option to accompany the PDFs. If an index file is wanted then File Definitions will also need to be selected.
For more information about how to setup Award Letter Print with CL Connect, please visit this article: CampusCommunicator Print Batch Processing
- API Integration: This option provides the ability to call an external API through CL Connect, using Event Notifications data as parameters.
For more information about how to setup API Integration with CL Connect, please visit this article: API Integration
- File Definitions: This option is used in conjunction with the File Store, Documents, or the Batch Processing to specify the data output wanted on the flat file or index file.
For more information about how to setup File Definitions with CL Connect, please visit this article: File Definitions
- PowerFAIDS: This integration was specifically added with PowerFAIDS engineers to create an XML file for PowerFAIDS to import for StudentForms updates.
For more information about how to setup the PowerFAIDS integration for StudentForms with CL Connect, please visit this article: PowerFAIDS XML Integration
4. After the necessary selections have been made, click on the Continue button.
Event Notifications: This is where CL Connect will be configured for the events subscribed to in Platform Management and what action to take. To add more events, click Add another event on the right side to create a new row under "Events to respond to".
Connection Type: This determines if there is a SIS database connection for CL Connect to relay the event notification data.
NOTE: If a DSN or Connection String is wanted, here are more details on how to Install ODBC Drivers and Create a DSN.
Depending on the events that are triggered, and the expected outcome please review the options mentioned above.