Happy New FAFSA Year! This release includes the official launch of the 2023-2024 award year.
2023-2024 Award Year
Much of the content from 2022-2023 has been rolled over into the new award year. Year specific web forms and upload documents (such as the 2021 tax documentation) have been added for the new year, but no significant changes have been made around Verification and Conditional Code tasks.
- A new ISIR field "Incarcerated Applicant Flag" has appeared to indicate whether or not a student is currently incarcerated. While they are waived from the completing the Verification form, they will continue to be required to submit the Statement of Education Purpose if selected for V4/V5 verification.
- [SV-4640] - OCR Support for Signed Federal IRS Form 1040 Documents
- StudentForms will now support Optical Character Recognition (OCR) support for the various Signed Federal IRS Form 1040 documents. All of the applicable schedules, line items need to be present to be calculated.
Please note that we are finalizing some last minute improvements
but should be ready for the Oct. 1 start.
- [SV-4681] - Student Action Pages
- The student side interface has been updated to simplify the separation of items that need to be done and those that have been completed. Rather than displaying an outstanding actions page and then separating all of the transactions into the various hub pages (Verification, Appeals, Other Docs), students' transactions are now separated into two categories: transactions that are outstanding and transactions that have been completed. The Needs Action page functions as it has previously - it displays any open transaction needing student action (any transaction in Collecting Documents or ReCollecting Documents). The Completed Actions page has now replaced the three hub pages as a centralized place to review completed transactions.